First Rugby Shoot: Saracens v Harlequins

PJS

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
First ever attempt at taking Rugby photos. On a Nikon photo day at Wembley for the Saracens match. Was really please with the way some of the came out, especially as I don't have a professional lens, only a 500mm f5-6.3 Sigma. Sitting there throughout the game, trying to retain concentration on the action and camera settings, makes you realise what a great job the professionals do.

Saracens06 by Paul_Southgate, on Flickr

Saracens09 by Paul_Southgate, on Flickr

Saracens10 by Paul_Southgate, on Flickr

Saracens12 by Paul_Southgate, on Flickr

Got the action superbly there. A lot f those images wouldn't look out of place in some of the tabloids. How was the day? Did you manage to get many tips from Mark Pain!? Where there not any lenses for you to have a go with as it ws a Nikon day? I nearly applied for this class when I got the email, but funds were a bit dry.
Did you stay on and go through the post porcessing stage with them? Nice job again! :clap:

Thanks for the feedback. Was a great experience. Got some tips, mainly using back button focusing - not something I had heard of before. There were some lenses available but not enough for everyone. Would recommend this for anyone interested in developing their sports photography skills.

Back