digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
[start fanfare]

Hi Guy's, I thought i'd show the very first shot from my new toy. :D
I got the 20D a week ago, but never managed to get out and use it through one thing or another. Today though I bit the bullet and got out in the cold.

I managed to squeeze off a few shots before the weather took a turn for the worse.

greycrop.jpg

No sharpening or image adjustment has been done other than to crop it down and add a wee border and ©

It was taken on the 20d/17-40L combo
40mm @ f5.0 1/50th

[/end fanfare]

You must have some very tame squirrels to get that shot with the 17-40! :shock: Excellent pic though, good focus and very sharp. I might increase the saturation a tad, but it has been a grey day! :)

im shocked! I didnt know you actually USED your camera!

EXCELLENT shot, very impressive!

Thanks for the comment Mr Silkstone

The squirrels in the local park was very very tame.
so tame in fact, that I once had one of the little sods run up my leg and end up inside my coat :shock:

I even managed to get a shot of it as it got to knee height.

Matty

Yes, today I decided i'd see what the fuss was about, after all it proved to be a tad expensive for a paper weight :LOL:

Great shot and superb focus :D

You can tell that they are tame as they also seem to be rather well fed ;)

so tame in fact, that I once had one of the little sods run up my leg and end up inside my coat

well, i dont think it was ur spare battery he was after :wink:

nice pic

MyPix

So after that shot I reckon you can delete the last line from your sig. :wink:

About time! :wink:

Was that the same squirel as in your first 300D shots? I think it may be a stuffed one :p

Nice shot though. Spot on DOF.

Fungus said:
About time! :wink:

Was that the same squirel as in your first 300D shots? I think it may be a stuffed one :p

Nice shot though. Spot on DOF.

Busted!!!! :LOL:

Same location Steve, :wink:

Glad you like it

Great image, and it looks like a damn good camera as well! Bit of a quandry now - do I go with a D70 or save my pennies, flog my Nikon kit and go for a 20D (or the new one they're going to bring out...) :crying:

Not fair!

Thanks for the replies and comments.

Catdaddy, that image has only been cropped and converted from raw to jpg

I'm so impressed with it :D

There are squirrels everywhere, are they becoming the master race? It’s a strange coincidence that both yours and mine first shoots with the 20D’s were of squirrels. The big difference is that you managed to capture them using a wide angle lens ;)

It’s a great first pic and the conversion from RAW that you have done has been well controlled. I wonder how long it will be before we see any more of your photos though ;)

Steve

My first shots on the 300D were of squirrels, so it seemed fitting to follow suit and try out the 20D on the same subject, helps with comparisons ;)

Unlike your shots, our local park seems to be devoid of red's :(

As for the next shots, ..................who knows, I hear the 20d will be replaced this time next year :D

Back