First Test with PRAKTICA MTL5 outfit

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
The Web-master of Brentwood & DIstrict Photographic Club gave ma a bag at Club saying his Nephew wanted it to go to a 'Good Home' and inside was a clean Praktica MTL5 + 3 Carl Zeiss Jena lenses. Agfa Vista 200 24 exp, a Sunpak SP 140 flash and wallet full of 'Hunter Effects Filters' The Batteries of Flash were all corroded but I managed to clean jup contacts with Vinegar and emery paper. I used the supplied FILM but gave it extra exposure -- it had been badly stored as negatives were a bit 'Thin' on C4 processing and I had to 'work' on the scans in FastStone Image Viewer. LENSES : 50mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena TESSAR DDR, 35mm f2.4 MC Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon DDR, 135mm f3.5 MC S Carl Zeiss Jena DDR
Praktica MTL 5 3 lens outfit by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
MTL5 50 01.jpgMTL5 35 01.jpgMTL5 35 05.jpg

Well, Peter, for a change, I've been given some camera stuff.

A PrakticaTL3 and an MTL5. Plus a bag full of lenses - 28mm, 35mm, 58mm, 135mm, 300mm and an 80-200mm zoom (Various makes).
Also an Olympus OM20 (came with a Zuiko 50mm f1.4) and an Olympus mju III 115.
And, last but not least, a Nikon FM (shutter's sticky but repairable) with a 55mm and a 55mm f3.5 Micro + extension tube.
Oh, and a trolly to wheel them around!!

All I need now is a bucket full of (free) film I'm one happy bunny :woot:

Last edited:
Forgot to say, test shots look OK, so the camera is working well. Yes, the negatives may be a bit thin but that's down to the film, not the camera (or user ;))

Ha Ha ! i'm THIN ON TOP though !

Still got a couple of those in a drawer in the loft. And a couple more Prakticas, and lenses. Good to see the old stuff can still work as mine are now only fit for the tip (to be fair, they've had hard lives) but I can't bring myself to take them, so in the drawer they remain...............

Back