Critique First time at the Cricket

Name
Scott MacDonald
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, decided to try something out of my comfort zone, away from the Football or Shinty, I tried some T20 cricket. If I'm being honest, I didn't even know there were cricket clubs up here, let alone enough to have competitions with.

Would appreciate pointers on what I'm doing wrong (there will be something) and any tips should I try this again.

#1.
42543393644_1457e7dd16_c.jpg

#2.
43261525611_08311815a7_c.jpg

#3.
42543438914_71b643e574_c.jpg

#4.
28392524427_fa3b93f38e_c.jpg

Very enjoyable & engaging set catching good dynamic action well. Very well rendered, with such rich colours & tones. A detail , but maybe some of the horizons are ever so slightly off....:geek:

Very enjoyable & engaging set catching good dynamic action well. Very well rendered, with such rich colours & tones. A detail , but maybe some of the horizons are ever so slightly off....:geek:

Thanks @doggel

I always seem to have an issue with the horizons and relied on the stumps as a vertical to base my horizons off when cropping slightly.

Great action shots.I particularly like shot #2, with the bails in the air. Is it just me or does the position of the bowlers front leg in shot #3 make it look like he’s a dwarf?

Great action shots.I particularly like shot #2, with the bails in the air. Is it just me or does the position of the bowlers front leg in shot #3 make it look like he’s a dwarf?

Thanks, I aimed to get most of my shots with ball in frame, but I found quickly that a lot of shots became very samey quite quickly. Also I didn't notice that in #3, but now you mentioned it, it's all I can see.

Great photos. Kind envious I'd love to be shooting sports photography

Thanks, I love shooting sports and it's what I mainly concentrate on, just don't have the desire to do landscapes or wildlife photography despite my location

Back