First Time Out With Olympus Macro

Agree, that looks pretty good, always a rough time at the start but you will get there. Will you be using a flash and diffuser at some point ?
Sorry to hear about your rusty ring :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

Good start with your new kit Gary, looking forward to seeing some more results.(y)

George.

Cheers all.

Agree, that looks pretty good, always a rough time at the start but you will get there. Will you be using a flash and diffuser at some point ?
Sorry to hear about your rusty ring :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

Ha, yeah, will probably get something sorted at some point...Although I don't suppose it'll work too well with the focus bracketing

Great - looks very nice. Only slight complaint is the face seems a bit dark. A reflector could have helped but I suspect you would need to grow another arm to be able to use one comfortably.

Hmmm, I keep looking at the Olympus Macro lens. This tempts me more

The Zuiko 60 mm is a very nice lens when you get used to it though I find the MF is too slow. I use my Sigma 105 on E-M1 a lot of the time.

The Zuiko 60 mm is a very nice lens when you get used to it though I find the MF is too slow. I use my Sigma 105 on E-M1 a lot of the time.

I did keep hold of my tamron 90mm but ended up selling it to fund the 60mm....from first impressions it seems okay for me, I don't tend to manual focus as such, just get close enough then move camera.

I did keep hold of my tamron 90mm but ended up selling it to fund the 60mm....from first impressions it seems okay for me, I don't tend to manual focus as such, just get close enough then move camera.

I get on the with the 60mm by using back button focus and moving the camera though at times it is used in MF and just set to 1:1 see link for set up

https://flic.kr/p/CNkcWs

Back