First time reflection shot

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Last night I did my first reflection shot. I’m a relative novice to portraits, but I’m enjoying it so far. It’s also forcing me to learn to use Photoshop too.

BF9140B1-E587-48DE-91D1-CAAB678C803E.jpeg

Last edited:
Name
Gil
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice job - did you shoot her on a shiny surface and add the shadow afterwards?

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Good first attempt.
You also need to think about the pose, as what looks good the right way up, can look less good upside down...looking up nostrils etc

OP
Bevvo
Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks a little soft to me , look at her eyes for eg- composition & lightings good though :)

Les :)

quick edit 2 mins

original
You are absolutely right, it does look soft on my image and what you’ve done is much better. I posted this from an image saved to my iPad, but I’ll take a look at my original on my desktop because I don’t recall there being any lack of detail in my Photoshop edit. Thanks for taking your time to point this out though.

Last edited:
Name
Les
Edit My Images
No
You are absolutely right, it does look soft on my image and what you’ve done is much better. I posted this from an image saved to my iPad, but I’ll take a look at my original on my desktop because I don’t recall there being any lack of detail in my Photoshop edit. Thanks for taking your time to point this out though.
Happy to help- I just selected the subject in Photoshop and added a 10% unsharp mask= simple enough :)