First time reflection shot

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Last night I did my first reflection shot. I’m a relative novice to portraits, but I’m enjoying it so far. It’s also forcing me to learn to use Photoshop too.

BF9140B1-E587-48DE-91D1-CAAB678C803E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice job - did you shoot her on a shiny surface and add the shadow afterwards?

Looks a little soft to me , look at her eyes for eg- composition & lightings good though :)

Les :)

quick edit 2 mins

original
k7E7rjW.jpg

edit
LPBkU2B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good first attempt.
You also need to think about the pose, as what looks good the right way up, can look less good upside down...looking up nostrils etc

Looks a little soft to me , look at her eyes for eg- composition & lightings good though :)

Les :)

quick edit 2 mins

original

You are absolutely right, it does look soft on my image and what you’ve done is much better. I posted this from an image saved to my iPad, but I’ll take a look at my original on my desktop because I don’t recall there being any lack of detail in my Photoshop edit. Thanks for taking your time to point this out though.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right, it does look soft on my image and what you’ve done is much better. I posted this from an image saved to my iPad, but I’ll take a look at my original on my desktop because I don’t recall there being any lack of detail in my Photoshop edit. Thanks for taking your time to point this out though.

Happy to help- I just selected the subject in Photoshop and added a 10% unsharp mask= simple enough :)

Back