First time try....

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd have a play last night as it wasn't too cloudy and fancied a go at star trails. Thought I'd just try a few to see how it worked out and below is what I came up with. It's 50 images of 8 seconds at f4 asa 3200. Seems to sort of work so might wait for a decent night, find an interesting foreground and have another go for much longer and centered on Polaris too...

50686417213_dccbcd3d42_h.jpg

Looks promising... Although perhaps more like a blizzard than trails so you definitely need a longer shooting session. What stacking software are you using?

Thanks and yeah for sure, this was just my very first attempt to see if I could get some trails and the timing that would be involved to get it looking something like. I used StarStaX after watching some video and was sure that’s what they said so had a quick search and found it. I forgot it only handles jpeg so had to convert my raw files first......

Thanks, I think it was on "fill" or words to that effect but will check. Just waiting for the right time to try again...

Just thought I'd follow up to this as I never did try the star trails again but did seem to fall head first into the astro rabbit hole. I've not taken many images but this is the last one I managed on a very moonlit night.

m13.jpg

Back