FIRST TIME White Water sports

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
This has been on my photo bucket list for many years.. Theres no such thing in east Lancashire.. But it's something I ahve always wanted to photo... So 2 days ago I took my camera and the missus to The National White Water Centre - Canolfan Dŵr Gwyn Genedlaethol - BALA in Snowdonia.. Heavy traffic made it a 2 and a half hr journey but well worth it.. glorious day.. Fantastic location. Lots of parking.. cafe and lots of photo opportunities... ReallY did exceed all my expectations.. Later we drove 10 ins to Bala lake for a picnic tea:)

As you can imagine I took a LOT of pics and have 90 that I am so pleased with and as many again I binned out of repetition...

Canon 1dxII + Canon 70-200 mkII

bala_007.jpg

bala_006.jpg

bala_004.jpg

bala_003.jpg

bala_002.jpg

bala_001.jpg

Last edited:
Great set! Looks like a lot of fun :)

As an ex international wildwater racer ( admittedly 40 years ago) I know it well.

Nice set of images, the rafter all look to be having fun, but do watch out for the midges there, they bite.

Good job - it’s a really struggle between the light reflecting off the water and the af focusing on the splash! But a good job on those. I’m sure the next time you go - you’ll get even more keepers!

How did you find the 70-200 - was
It long enough ?

Plenty long enough.. I had my 400mm 2.8 in the car and never even thought of using it :)

As an ex international wildwater racer ( admittedly 40 years ago) I know it well.

Nice set of images, the rafter all look to be having fun, but do watch out for the midges there, they bite.

Lovely summers day no midges :)

Very nice shots, capturing some wonderful action moments and facial expressions!

Back