Beginner First trip to Lakenheath

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks, lucky to have it so close, even though I’ve never photographed there lol. Can’t wait for the F35’s to arrive!

They really are very good. I'm planning a trip there over the next couple of months, what location did you park up at - is parking for a couple of hours or so likely to be a problem?

Were you in the viewing area or end of runway? Always nice to get good bright weather. Next time nip across to Mildenhall, John's field for a bit more variety.

They really are very good. I'm planning a trip there over the next couple of months, what location did you park up at - is parking for a couple of hours or so likely to be a problem?

Thanks, the airborne photos are from the small parking area opposite the runway near the viewing area. Think it’s an entrance to National Trust. The take off photos were from the viewing area. You could park there all day without trouble.

Were you in the viewing area or end of runway? Always nice to get good bright weather. Next time nip across to Mildenhall, John's field for a bit more variety.

Hi, I was at the National trust entrance and the viewing area. Mildenhall is all cargo stuff?

Hi, I was at the National trust entrance and the viewing area. Mildenhall is all cargo stuff?

Yep, Mildenhall is mainly transports (C130/C17/C5 etc) and air-to-air refueling tankers (KC135 and KC10) plus Spec Ops CV22 Osprey "tilt rotors".

GC

Last edited:
I think my next trip will be to Marham and Coningsby. But will definitely go back to Lakenheath. The Osprey would be amazing to see though! Just a shame all the action is during the week :(.

Thanks, the airborne photos are from the small parking area opposite the runway near the viewing area. Think it’s an entrance to National Trust. The take off photos were from the viewing area. You could park there all day without trouble.
Thank you Andy I'm certainly going to make a call there

Picked up an Icom IC-R6 to listen in, give me more chance to be in the right place maybe lol.

Back