First try at a football game

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No

Clean and bright… well done!

I do recall you where given the advice to go low.. but these are taken standing up surely ?

Sorry but I agree about the height you shot from as well.

Try to keep low, get the action, faces of the players and the ball in the frame. Setting the camera in Aperture priority or Manual with the lens as open as it will go will also help to give a shallower depth of field. f8 is not ideal as the background has too much detail. You have however proven that your camera copes well with high ISO.

I also try to get towards or behind the goal lines so I get the action coming towards me at least one way. As I take photos for an u11's team I am usually at the away end, that way with 70mm-400mm I can get most of our players playing towards me and get their faces in. I do take a few photos of the other teams on the ball and usually send a disk to the manager if they want one.

I skipped through the video of the game and there was some good action with three goals. I also noticed that neither team have recent no photos in their gallery so an in for someone. A bit far and cold for me though.

Agree with what you guys are saying, Didn't get pitch side like I thought I was getting, but hey ho!

I realised I should have been closer to the ground. but there was a wall in front of me so couldn't get much lower, having a bad back and a heavy lens didn't help either.

I used F8 on as its when my sigma 150-500 is at its sharpest, had to change to 18-135 for the second half though, due to back pain.

I'm going to go back as its only £5 entry fee and that was a good game to watch, spent more time watching the game to be honest lol.

Thanks for all the C&C's, appreciated and taken aboard for my next try.

Keith

F8, you do know about subject isolation dont you, youre not shooting landscapes here, shoot wide open and sharpen in post if needed

Back