First try off camera flash results.

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
Really enjoying this macro thing, practising with slow moving stuff, great way to start off with reversing ring and old lens, 3 from around the garden today. Off to ebay now to check macro lenses :).

_DSC5298.jpg _DSC5316.jpg _DSC5357.jpg

Dont bother with Ebay yet... reverse lens and old lenses can be just as good or even better. Don't believe me do a research on flickr for reverse on my page. This is with using a 18-55mm kit lens.

How are you diffusing your flash? if at all?

All look a tad underexposed to me, but there is some great detail on show. Save your money till you actually need something better.

Point taken, I'm definitely saving my money looking at those on flickr, they're about as good as I'd expect with any lens.

Just used fresnel lens on flashes, F16 or 22, think 1 and 2 were one flash at half power and worm shot was 2 flashes half power., just varied the distance a bit.

Next time I have a go I'll be better prepared with a plastic ground sheet, I was really keen to get started but came in with soaking wet muddy knees.

Off to my dads a bit later, I'll let him see these to show him what his old 1970's lens can do!

Quck question- Do you tend to favour old manual lenses for this with aperture ring or do you use modern lenses and blue tack to set aperture?

Quck question- Do you tend to favour old manual lenses for this with aperture ring or do you use modern lenses and blue tack to set aperture?

Well I'm a canon user so use DOF button to set aperture then reverse lens. But I do prefer manual lenses save so much time though mainly for the 18-55mm I stuck to f11 for all my shots.

I do love to experiment so probably tried everything lol

Back