First try with raynox

Edit My Images
Yes
I saw a couple of raynox lenses going 2nd hand. I think one is the 202 and the other is similar construction but less powerfull (rated '2x' as opposed to '4x'). As far as I can see from the site the less powerfull one doesn't seem to be sold any more and I think has probably been replaced by the 250. Unfortunately when I got home I noticed that the 202 is scratched on the back. I don't know how much, if at all, this will show in use. Anyway, I only paid £15 for both lenses so it still wasn't a bad deal.

They came as a set with an adapter to fit a Sony digicam so there isn't the clip on adapter. I really wanted them to fit my fuji 6500 but will need to get a raynox clip adapter or a 58>37 step-down ring. Until then I fortunately have an adapter that enables me to fit them to my fuji E550 which at least allows me to play with them.

First tries below. I am still a bit sure how to use them so any hints very greatfully recieved (Ajophotog :wave:). In particular focusing. With such a small dof and the difficulty of getting precisely directed focus with autofocus I was really just relying on luck. I later tried using my 6500 in macro mode (without the raynox) and ended up setting manual to its closest setting and moving the camera in until the screen showed the image in focus. Any hints from Aj or others about how to control focus with a digicam in macro would be great.

I didn't use flash for most of them but I noticed you do and mentioned a hi-tech loo roll diffuser. Could you give more details on how you use flash in general and on your diffuser?

Anyway, here are my pics. I have never taken macro pics before so they are nothing special.

Full size with e550 + raynox
dscf0756600el8.jpg

Crop of above
dscf0756cropif1.jpg

This is a crop of a shot I took with the 6500 (no raynox). It was a bit dark and in trying to rescue it I ended up with this. Not intended when I took it but I quite like it.

dscf0253abstractbm8.jpg

C&C welcome

Nice start, I really like the hi key last shot too (y)

:eek: ooh! Nice effect on the last one! the first are lovely and sharp! more!!! :D :D :D

Back