Beginner First visit to Penmon Lighthouse

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
When I was planning this the night before I didn't have a good feeling, the radar said there was zero cloud cover but there would be very little wind. Anyway I got up at 3am regardless and headed to Penmon.
Needless to say the sky was as predicted and while there was some lovely colours I just couldn't seem to get anything I was happy with, best of a bad bunch.
But hey I'm still learning and I really need more practice on how best to edit in post.

Penmon Lighthouse by Mr Drizz

Penmon Lighthouse-2 by Mr Drizz

First image with corrected White Balance:
Penmon Lighthouse-3 by Mr Drizz

Last edited:
Well done on getting there so early to catch the sun rise.

The purple hue is not what it looked like I am sure. Can be easily sorted and toned down with the aid of Windows Photos or better.

But love the content..........

Mj

Well done on getting there so early to catch the sun rise.

The purple hue is not what it looked like I am sure. Can be easily sorted and toned down with the aid of Windows Photos or better.

But love the content..........

Mj
Thanks Mj, after you mentioned the purple hue I went back to LR and found that white balance was set to 'auto', switching back to 'As Shot' fixed the hue :rolleyes:

When I first set eyes on these I thought too much purple hue, I think they would have been better a more natural colour. As a ships master I do not miss many sunrises, and too be honest these colours don't look natural. Great subject though, I know this lighthouse well, having repaired it a few times!!!

Back