Critique Firth of Forth railway bridge

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
So, primarily im an aviation photographer and generally only shoot if there is an aircraft in sight. With the winter coming up and a distinct lack of airshows and the nights drawing in ive decided to try and branch out and try a bit of landscape/urban photography. personally i really like the shot below but with it not being my area of expertise im after any pointers from you guys who shoot this kind of thing on a more regular basis. Cheers for taking the time to have a look and please be honest, no one ever improves by people saying nice shot ;)

Ben

Firth of Forth railway bridge by Ben Stanley Hall, on Flickr

It looks good to me.

My only other comment would be that the right hand bridge support seems to be leaning in a little. This could be due to barrel distortion but as it is in the centre of the frame this seems unlikely. it could also be a converging vertical.

Unless it actually is like that you could think of correcting it - probably quite easy in your software.

Yep, very nice glow… but, as Jeremy noted, it is leaning to the right!

I like the photo and particularly the Flickr version which shows the stars up much better than on here, presumably because it's a bigger version. As Jeremy said, the tilt can be easily removed with little impact as there is sufficient room round the edges of the photo to allow for it.

cheers for the comments fellas. What about this

IMG_4708-2.JPG

That's a fine shot as well Ben, and the lights on the new crossing rally benefit the left side of the photo. The highlights on the rail bridge lighting seem a bit bright, but I guess it's a case of getting the balance right.

Nice shot. But it's simply called the Forth Bridge. It was there before any other bridge.

Back