Fiscal Shrike

Edit My Images
No
not getting out much these days so still looking back at shots I took in March

D7200 + 300mm f4 PF VR + 1,4TC

the images are a little noisy and crops ....... I found the D7200 inconsistent noise-wise on tight crops ...... sometimes good, sometimes poor and I never really knew why

I have applied NR to both images . which does soften the bird down a little, but I almost think that this suits the background

fiscal_shrike_1.jpg

fiscal_shrike_3.jpg

Last edited:
#1 for me but I would lose the post as IMO it creates an imbalance and draws you away from the bird.

#1 for me but I would lose the post as IMO it creates an imbalance and draws you away from the bird.

Thanks Roger ....... I think that I did a kind of meaningless mini-survey about a year ago and found that most bird images like this, if the bird is looking from right to left were preferred

Agree about the post, in two minds, I left it in to wait for someone to tell me to take it out - I just cannot remember exactly were I took this shot in S Africa - the post appears burnt so should remember, I think that it was a burnt area near one the the Lakes ...... but it is interesting in that birds must sub-consciously seek out natural camouflage, (it is obvious of course), that blends with them, even if sometimes it is un-natural

Last edited:
Back