Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent New Years Eve wandering round a grey and damp Cambridge :cool:

Here are five shots of many I took

I was quite pleased with these but I'm always happy to receive any feedback good or bad :)

1) Take Me....

6669994597_d6f392e289_b.jpg

2) Up On The Roof

6669995317_9e97b1e374_b.jpg

3) The Point

6669988919_cc398d30ac_b.jpg

4) Don't Fence Me In

6669990245_2bc4ee529f_b.jpg

5) The Magic Bus

6669991349_88d03779b4_b.jpg

Your usual nicely processed set of shots combined with your photographers eye :clap:
1. The text doesnt "jump out" enough for me
2. Shadow add some interest but not enough to really grab me
3. Something about this doesnt rest easy on the eye. Its the curved railings than are annoying me!
4. Crazy DOF. Love that and the eye goes straight to the bike handle. even the fluffy bits are sharp. My fave from the set
5.DOF. I like shots like these. :clap:

Thank you for your considered comments Miss C :)

I think I agree with most, if not all, of them...I might have a look at #1 again to see if I can get those words standing out more!

Cheers :D

I know exactly where No1 has been taken.
Although the text doesn't stand out, its what it really looks like as the writing has been there for ages, please leave as is for authenticity.

My fav is the handlebar grip, nice photo and sums up old bikes on every available securing point very nicely

Sorry John, not very keen on the chimneys/roof and is it me or does it slope down to the left slightly?

Would be unfair of me to comment on the last one, I hate Stagecoach in Cambridge with a passion :annoyed:

Last edited:
After spending 6 months in addenbrookes hospital in Cambridge and then a year in recovery i wandered every inch of the city taking pictures. And I'm pretty sure I have a good idea where all of these were taken (except the bus :))

I love the first two in particular. The river shot is great for the worn chalking which I've assumed was written by one of the punt touts to drum up business.

And the golden light on the second is beautiful with the foreboding clouds in the background. A great composition. Btw - its the little lane that runs alongside Gonville & Caius College :)

Thanks Rich and thanks Ryan

Nice to have shots recognised by 'locals' :)

and it love that each of you has a opposite view on the roof shot

Ryan's view matches mine - it was the light wot did it :)

I'm a sucker for sunlight against a doomy sky :)

Thanks for the comments chaps :)

really like number 4, that's a great shot!

Like 1 & 3 too, not such a fan of the roof.. (and I was born and live in cambridge, so am about as local as it gets!)

Thanks Mike much appreciated, three locals in one post! :) terrific :)

Back