Five-spot Burnet Moths

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Five-spot Burnet Moths suddenly appeared in force at my local patch yesterday!

3SIS120607-5SpotBurnet-2-800.jpg

3SIS120607-5SpotBurnet-5.jpg

3SIS120607-5SpotBurnet-8-800.jpg

3SIS120607-5SpotBurnet-9-800.jpg

3SIS120607-5SpotBurnet-13-800.jpg

3SIS120607-5SpotBurnet-14-800.jpg

Some lovely takes of a beautifully marked little creature Oy ... (y) ... well taken I say ... :D

:p

WOW!!!

Ive never seen this moth before .... what a stunning little critter!

1st & last two images are the picks for me (y)

#1 because I totally love the colours and utter simplicity of the composition and last shot two shots for the symmetry of the critters ... fantastic work!

Do you mind if I ask what the actual colours of the moth are?
In shot #1 they looks almost black, but in others they seem to have an irridiscent green tinge to them ... is this due to your camera settings or changes between sunlight & shade showing the moths colours?

Oh wow, arn't they great.(The moths and pictures that is). Number 1 and 4 for me. Shame that blade of grass slightly covers the antenae(sp?) in the first one though.

Do you mind if I ask what the actual colours of the moth are?
In shot #1 they looks almost black, but in others they seem to have an iridescent green tinge to them ... is this due to your camera settings or changes between sunlight & shade showing the moths colours?

They're black, or blueish black, or greeny-blueish black - depending on how the light catches them. :)

(y) good spot and capture(s)

1st for me, lovely shot

1 and 3 for me, like the simplicity of these two.
Although all of them have a touch of class about them :)

Hi Oy,

Seen these before somewhere, maybe on another Planet, and they are still as good!

DaveW

I always thought they were 6 spot burnets. cant find any info about 5 spots anywhere :shrug:

Very nice ( what ever they are :D )

Back