Flamboro' Head Flyby

Edit My Images
Yes
A few from last Friday at Flamboro'Head, nice day but blowing a gale, at least it kept the birds high and at times, very close!

Not sure on the Puffin with the clipped wings, does it work??......lets call it 'artistic' ;)

I think the last is a Black Backed Gull but happy to be corrected

D7200, Sigma 150-600 C

All C&C welcome, thanks for looking.

Razorbill resized TP.jpg

Puffin clipped resized TP.jpg

Puffin 1 resized tp.jpg

Juv Herring Gull resized tp.jpg

That's a great set Phil :)

Nice work, especially o the first 2 Phil. Lovely details on the Razorbill, not an easy bird to shoot at all. Strangely the puffin with the cut off wings appeals, I think its all the close up details like the water droplets and the little head turn towards the camera. Not as keen on the last pair as they're flying away from camera.

Mike

Nice work, especially o the first 2 Phil. Lovely details on the Razorbill, not an easy bird to shoot at all. Strangely the puffin with the cut off wings appeals, I think its all the close up details like the water droplets and the little head turn towards the camera. Not as keen on the last pair as they're flying away from camera.

Mike

Thanks for the comments Mike, its a tough crowd in this birding form lately, I think I need to start under-exposing and sticking a big watermark across 'em! :D

I totally agree with the angle being turned away, its something I've mention when giving crit in the past......:thinking:........ but a Puffin, in flight from the top of Flamborough cliffs, I thought I might be forgiven! :p

Back