North England Flamborough Head

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Having visited Bempton last year I have heard that flamborough head is also a good place to watch / photograph the puffins, possibly better for closer shots and in flight options ?

Any tips or advice on visiting ? Is there just one place to go or multiple ?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Didn't really work for me this year, Bempton was the placce to be but @Phil-D is the one to ask. :)

How so ? No good sightings ?

Not for me, quite barren from the clifftop.
I'm too old for climbing down slippery paths so I might have missed something worth seeing lower down but not according to a local dog walker I met.
She told me that there would be more toward Thornwick Bay but when I visited the cafe car park was closed by a barrier across the road so I didn't try further.
Phil had better results the week before I went, hence my tagging him in. :)

Bempton is far better than flamborough head in my opinion- as Gramps said far too steep and not to mention dangerous too.

Maybe go and see for yourself as it's not too far from Bempton and maybe it would suit you, who knows lol

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bempton is far better than flamborough head in my opinion- as Gramps said far too steep and not to mention dangerous too.

Maybe go and see for yourself as it's not too far from Bempton and maybe it would suit you, who kows lol

Les :)
Thanks

Didn't really work for me this year, Bempton was the placce to be but @Phil-D is the one to ask. :)

@Rob Sims

All these were shot off Flamborough Head and another 300 plus in around an hour

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/puffins-flamborohead.697041/

If you want any info, PM me (y)

Its definitely not dangerous, but yes, you need to be sure footed, I'll be there again sometime this Saturday and Sunday morning.

The local birders sit where I took these everyday to do the sea watch and their average age has to be 75! :D

Last edited:
Back