Flash player on ipad

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Just curious to know why you can't have flash player on apple devices?

You will never see flash on an apple iOS device. If they could banish the desktop version without getting in trouble they would as well. Flash should die with the adoption of HTML 5 hopefully

Adobe seem to be trying to 'persuade' people away from using flash on all mobile devices... the problem is a load of websites seem to be pretending it isn't happening <paddington bear hard stare at BBC Iplayer>

Flash whilst ideal for throwing together 'Flashy' looking web sites/apps with ease it&#8217;s a resource hungry piece of code that is CPU intense meaning that your iPads battery would drain a lot quicker than if it was running a HTML5 equivalent.

Flash was good but there are much better alternatives these days and it&#8217;s nice to see Apple encouraging them.

they do have the app but yes native non-flash would be nice.

I'm on android 4.1, so basically unless you sideload apks you can't get iplayer, as it requires flash on android (not available for android 4+ ) Which is nice.

adobe will no longer support flash player on mobile devices going forward so it's dead technology (on mobile devices natively in a browser that is)

That is one of the reasons why i use Android.
HTML5 is great but what good is it if the majority of sites don't use it yet.

ziggy©;4850463 said:
That is one of the reasons why i use Android.
HTML5 is great but what good is it if the majority of sites don't use it yet.

You do realise that Android has dropped flash support as well?

You do realise that Android has dropped flash support as well?

I thought Adobe dropped support for flash on Android not the other way round :).

Yes i am aware that it is to be dropped for newer versions of Android. I don't tend to buy new gadgets as they come out so it will still work for me for quite a while. Probably in time for when HTML5 has become the standard.

Back