Critique Fleet Pond

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I took my son, his friend and the dog around Fleet Pond on Sunday.
I brought along the camera as I wanted to practice grabbing natural shots on the move and also wanted to see if I could get some consistent processing done.
So I'm looking for CC on the processing ( I tend to over expose, so they look slightly underexposed to me) mainly please, however if there is anything else please do say.

L

They look like a lovely collection to me. You could lift exposure a little without doing ay harm, but not much.

Specific crit - image 3 feels like it leans just a little too much *for me* and with the final image, if you could have moved a few inches further left to completely separate the fence from the dog (unless you deliberately hid its bum) then it would be little stronger.

My pick, for sure Alan, goes to #6!

An incredible moment where three buddies
are sharing the same curiosity! Very cool!
…see PM!

Last edited:
These don't look underexposed to me ... they are all what you intended, natural shots and I really love the last.
Unfortunately you have cut off the feet in #2 and #3 and that affects the images for me ... #1, #4# and #5 not so much, though it might have been good to have more or less of the front child in #5.
All in all though a good attempt at what you were trying to acheive :)

They look like a lovely collection to me. You could lift exposure a little without doing ay harm, but not much.

Specific crit - image 3 feels like it leans just a little too much *for me* and with the final image, if you could have moved a few inches further left to completely separate the fence from the dog (unless you deliberately hid its bum) then it would be little stronger.

I would of liked them in the middle however I didn't want to spoil it by telling them to move over, I did move more to my left however they all moved!!! (bloody kids) The more I look it the BG the more I notice how much tilt is on nr 3

Thank for all for commenting

Last edited:
Another +1 for No6
half a step to the left to give separation between the rear of the dog and the post would have given isolation to the 3 Amigos...
Still, a great image.

#3 and #5 for me. I don't know if it's my eyes (and nit picking) but the little boy to the back in #3 appears a little OOF. Was he moving? But that doesn't stop me liking it. The interaction and the setting.

The last image works very well, simple yet effective, almost tells a story

The other aint too shabby either :D

Les

the last image is good, perhaps a touch more to the left (leading line goes to doggies bottom)!
the third image has good engagement - as if you are an observer - plenty of room to have included their feet and less of the sky though

Back