Flickgrrrrr now constant ads

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks like my flickr will be coming to an end, enforced ads when looking at my own photostream, unless I go pro....

It was bound to happen, it gives more of an incentive for people to sign up. I did from the off anyway, it's the cost of a breakfast roll per month and I use it regular enough.

Looks like my flickr will be coming to an end, enforced ads when looking at my own photostream, unless I go pro....

This will be another nail in the coffin. I used Photobucket for a long time, but when they started doing ads seriously it became very intrusive. I asked if there was an account one could pay for which removed ads from visitors to my page, but that wasn't part of the scheme going forwards. Who uses PB now?

This will drive many towards getting their own site.

This will be another nail in the coffin. I used Photobucket for a long time, but when they started doing ads seriously it became very intrusive. I asked if there was an account one could pay for which removed ads from visitors to my page, but that wasn't part of the scheme going forwards. Who uses PB now?

This will drive many towards getting their own site.

It really won't ... the only people affected by this are those who didn't want to pay for a Flickr pro sub to begin with ... it's not going to affect anything.

Ime getting an interruption but no adds yet, just a black page that says its an add.

Captureiikl.JPG

Strange? I have 2 flickr accounts, 1 pro 1 "normal"
No adverts whatsoever :thinking:

I suppose that just put the mockers on it :D

Who uses PB now?
Not for quite some years. I can't even remember my sign in

Last edited:
No Ads on my free account either. I use Adblocker but I just turned it off and there are still no ads.

I still have 2,401 photos on there btw.

I don' understand why some people don't use Ad-blocker, I still hear people moan that they get adverts all the time on youtube - I've not seen an advert on there in years on the PC. If they could sort a decent Ad-blocker for mobile devices that would be lovely too

Back