Flickr Users - Post your Explored Photos

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes

Last edited:
I love both the Baker street and Cafe on the Corner shots.

Do you ask permission after you have taken the shot Michael, or just go about taking the shot and worry about it later?

This thread is an excellent way to find new contacts and great content on Flickr.

Thanks for that.
I didn't ask for permission on those two photos, they were both taken with not much time to think... there's nothing much to worry about!
London is always teeming with people and although they may seem pretty sparse.. they weren't. The Baker Street one was shot over the tracks and the platform I was standing on, was really crowded.

I do like to ask permission if I see someone interesting, I haven't had anyone refuse.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/my_kal/albums/72157683246103154

There are so many people on Flickr who do it really well!

From my first ever Kingfisher shoot and possibly my worst ever Kingfisher shot (fast unexpected movement with low shutter speed) but it did prove to engender a lot of interest and a bit of controversy as some didn't believe it hadn't been 'Photoshopped'.

Having plunged into the stream the Kingfisher went back onto its perch and after a few seconds shook its head, with the resultant droplets being caught in the light.

Kingfisher shaking off the droplets
by Roger, on Flickr

Only recently rediscovered my flickr account, the last time I logged on there was no such thing as explore, not that I have anything that would have cut the mustard.
Thrown up a couple of images this week just to try and get it going again.

Had 32 in total, none recently though. The first was this one:

13963880978_a78495084d_b.jpg

Hawker Hurricane - Explored May 11th 2014 (#117) by Jez, on Flickr

Had 32 in total, none recently though. The first was this one:

13963880978_a78495084d_b.jpg

Hawker Hurricane - Explored May 11th 2014 (#117) by Jez, on Flickr

Really sharp, although I would probably have cropped and composed it slightly differently with the plane diagonally in the frame.

From my first ever Kingfisher shoot and possibly my worst ever Kingfisher shot (fast unexpected movement with low shutter speed) but it did prove to engender a lot of interest and a bit of controversy as some didn't believe it hadn't been 'Photoshopped'.

Having plunged into the stream the Kingfisher went back onto its perch and after a few seconds shook its head, with the resultant droplets being caught in the light.

Kingfisher shaking off the droplets
by Roger, on Flickr

Great sharpness and sense of movement in this one.

I have 41 photos in Explore -- NONE are 'Winners' at Brentwood & District Photographic Club -- the one of the Fallen Log and River Chelmer got the LOWEST Mark last Friday -- a 'D' mark Judged by Marilyn Steward ARPS,DPAGB,BPE4*,EFIAP/b
34551201582_1f46ec99ff_z.jpg 42713448795_08d783908d_z.jpg 43120783844_c017305a2c_z.jpg 43280573764_99d3f377f9_z.jpg 44270951252_c28a056d51_z.jpg

I have 41 photos in Explore -- NONE are 'Winners' at Brentwood & District Photographic Club -- the one of the Fallen Log and River Chelmer got the LOWEST Mark last Friday -- a 'D' mark Judged by Marilyn Steward ARPS,DPAGB,BPE4*,EFIAP/b
View attachment 134098 View attachment 134099 View attachment 134100 View attachment 134101 View attachment 134102
That's why I am not a member of a camera club. Been there, done that. I done need some stuffy idiot who thinks he's an expert because he has lots of meaningless letters after his name to tell me my shot is good. Camera clubs stifle creativity and every one I have been a member of was dominated by egomaniacs.

My understanding is that Explore is completely random and has nothing to do with the quality of an image. That's not saying your pics are bad or the judge is correct, it's just an observation.

I have 21 photos on explore (since 2006), most of them from the last couple of years. Here are my most recent eight (all 2018), oldest first. All are film shots apart from the last two (the most recent), and three of them were from the same roll of 35mm film (the bike, the chain and the fence-post - the chain and fence-post were consecutive uploads). The photos of mine that get into flickr Explore are rarely my favourites though.

FILM - Crossing a field as the crow flies
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Chain reaction

FILM - Falling away

FILM - In chains

FILM - Dandelion

FILM - Scooter