1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. davholla

davholla

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    This one went to explore the first two were taken with Canon 550D/ 60 mm, the other two were taken with Canon 7DMKII and MPE 65.
    I have noticed that I can only take supported photos with the MPE65 mm because I can't keep it steady so I am thinking of getting a monopod and a mag slider to take photos (and hopefully do stacking). It will have other uses (like when I take photos with my Tamron 150-600). I have a tripod and it is great for photos of buildings at night
    or photos of my son asleep - he is 8 and looks very cute, however it is not great for macro because it is so tricky to manover to be in exactly the correct place

[​IMG]Fly IMG_0984 by davholla2002, on Flickr

[​IMG]Moth? ING_1076 by davholla2002, on Flickr

[​IMG]Bug EF7A2988 by davholla2002, on Flickr

[​IMG]FlyEF7A3127 by davholla2002, on Flickr

2. ChrisA

ChrisA

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Do you not use flash with the MPE and insects ? That's how I use it handheld and with insects that's usually how I stack them if lucky.

davholla likes this.