Floating

That's a really nice shot Paul.

I would just bring out the contrast a little more and get a full tonal rang e - looks a little "grey" to me rather than black and white if that makes sense?

Also, not sure if it's reflection or processing but there is a darker band in the water above the log. You should be able to soften that in PP

Nice capture of a simple detail that most would miss - good eye!
Thanks John, appreciate the comment.

That's a really nice shot Paul.

I would just bring out the contrast a little more and get a full tonal rang e - looks a little "grey" to me rather than black and white if that makes sense?

Also, not sure if it's reflection or processing but there is a darker band in the water above the log. You should be able to soften that in PP

Cheers Adrian, I think its the way I polarised it to get the water reflective but will have another look. Thanks for the comment (y)

The reflections perfect, so perfect in fact it took me a while to realise exactly what it was :) Lovely shot, it has a minimalistic touch to it which I like.

at first i wondered what the hell, but after a good look i can now see it.
well spotted and captured

Looks like the leaves are falling, very nice and well spotted (y)

so clear and seductive composition (really amazing) and tones. I would prefer to see at higher dimensions, but it's only a problem of mine.
Excellent work.
All the best,
sandro

Really like this approach and while it works very well in B+W I'm wondering was there any merit in going color .. assuming those are Autumnal coloured leaves ... Even if the colour was desaturated a little? Also, and perhaps this is just my Photo OCD kicking in ... I wonder if by moving left / right / up / down you would have been able to get an image whereby the none of the branch was passing through the leaves ...

Beautiful image though ...

Simple and effective Paul. I agree with Adrian regarding the contrast, maybe if your using Nik roll it through Pro Contrast. However its a nice image as it stands well spotted, Nice Work(y)

Back