Flowers - an open thread.

In a Somerset Meadow

ZKGFDC0.jpg

Really, really a dazzling set! I'm just curious, where were these fields located? I enjoyed this thread. I think the colors look "too gorgeous" that makes sense. Love that!

And one from today when the wind dropped. This was after I'd walked up the lane to photograph cuckoo flowers as part of my wild plants of the village project only to find that since the last time I'd seen them (just 2 days ago) someone had taken a strimmer to the patch of ground where they were. The only place they grow in the entire area. Aaaaggggghhhhh!!!!

Brunnera macrophylla 200422 01.jpg

Aaah, lovely. Four weeks today I should be approaching Carlisle northbound on the M6. Four weeks tomorrow afternoon I should be rolling into Gairloch, but I won't be. Next year now..................

Thanks.

I can sympathise with you, Jan. We were planning to be in Gairloch in early May, but not now. Hoping we might manage sometime in September, perhaps if things change.

As usual I've been looking in on the appropriate Facebook pages and the weather forecast. The NW has had some stunning weather recently. Keeping my fingers crossed there aren't any grass fires like last year.

Dave

As usual I've been looking in on the appropriate Facebook pages and the weather forecast. The NW has had some stunning weather recently. Keeping my fingers crossed there aren't any grass fires like last year.

We were a few weeks after the Flowerdale fire last year but you could still smell it. I have photos taken on the hill above the waterfalls and it would have been interesting to go back and see how the area had recovered. I've been looking in on everyone's photos every day as well. It'll probably be hammering down the two weeks we were supposed to be there................

What a brilliant idea for a thread @badlywornroy if it ever stops raining I might even join in (y)

Last edited:
A closed flower for the open thread.

I call this one Sledge but it still smells sweet!
DSCF5444.JPG

A roadside dandelion

dandelion.jpg

It added some brightness to a dull, showery afternoon.

Howard

I've no idea what this is, (Other than obscene :D )
It moved in a couple of years ago and stayed

006.jpg

The "full plant" about 2'5 inches high

010.jpg

This is one I do know, another that "just moved in" without a by-your-leave

024.jpg

Last edited:
A single honeysuckle flower, trumpet honeysuckle, coral honeysuckle L. sempervirens
With added guests.

Honeysuckel.jpg

Dandelion Dead Head

i1MU4y6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back