Flowers - an open thread.

Oh..I'm surprised, especially re the hot weather we've been having. Ours have been out a while.
My pond is not in direct light, and only gets the afternoon / evening sun. I guess why they are always slow, the "Brandy bottle" is budding,
the Nymphaeaceae is more interested in growing leaves at the moment, it'll be a good show when it gets around to finally flowering,
if past years are anything to go by.

My pond is not in direct light, and only gets the afternoon / evening sun. I guess why they are always slow, the "Brandy bottle" is budding,
the Nymphaeaceae is more interested in growing leaves at the moment, it'll be a good show when it gets around to finally flowering,
if past years are anything to go by.

Ah..I see. Ours gets direct sunlight from 10.00am in summer right through to dusk.The downside to that is a lot of that green slimy blanket weed stuff.

.The downside to that is a lot of that green slimy blanket weed stuff.
I get my share of the brown free floating micro stuff, and the side clinging slime but the UV pre filter filter does limit it some what.

I get my share of the brown free floating micro stuff, and the side clinging slime but the UV pre filter filter does limit it some what.

I have good filtration. A 30W Proclear UV filter..then a large plastic container with 6 large brushes and then another one with volcanic stones ..I think they're volcanic..orangey/grey.Still get the weed and,as you say, clinging slime.

Tried to post the images the other way round...a few times??

A single cotoneaster flower

flower.jpg

Thank you...I need to try a few tests!
Just make sure the first picture you post is the one you want on top.
You can actually hit the edit button and re-position if you make an error :)

Reactions: EJB
Thank you...I need to try a few tests!

I've found that if I hit the "Attach files" button and add a few from the same folder in one hit, they appear in their name order so I now do them one by one, using the button as many times as necessary (if, of course, I want them in a specific order!) If I try to edit like Chris suggests, I balls it up - my problem is discompetence!

Reactions: EJB
A single flower from a stack of them on a house leek

079.jpg

A single flower from a small "carpet" of sedum
( with added guest)

096.jpg

After some debate on facebook groups - Early Marsh Orchid.
They vary from pale pink to near red.
A lot of orchids show much variation and indeed hybridise so local populations vary a lot.

Early Marsh Orchid Near Rievaulx

Some cracking shots on here.

sFKQwVh.jpg

errkdLi.jpg

Ae1WdOI.jpg

gGoGfqT.jpg

BcnqPXQ.jpg

v9ZpJmn.jpg

A small Lavender tip
lavender.jpg

And a single flower

113.jpg

I was wondering when these would start to open

018.jpg

I've had this black Mondo grass for several years, it hasn't grown in years, I've moved it a few times
over the years too, trying to make it happy.
Finally I have buds

Mondo.jpg

No idea what this is, its less than half inch across. its a weed, it turned up a few years ago now, and decided to stay,
despite my best efforts of dissuading it! its bloody prolific too. Any idea's?

015.jpg

And lastly a water plant that apparently isn't :D
( the name escapes me for now, but its growing quite happily in my veggie pond filter.)
Its very prolific, just the thing for a pond veggie filter. Again, less than half inch across.

017.jpg017a.jpg

2 easily recognisable ones

017.jpg

033.jpg

And a winter flowering clematis :rolleyes:
(does it know something we don't? )

029.jpg

20200729_173532(1) by geof worrall, on Flickr

we only have one plant left..and its the white one...the lilac unfortunately got lost in the garden upheaval of plants in pots only....this one is still in the ground

we can do some transplants later...

Back