Critique Flowers and a surprise

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
A little bored and it wasnt a great day here, cant have it sunny every day I guess :( So I shot out to the car park of my building and grabbed some Mimosa (small yellow balls of really nice smelly tree) and another similar one and a Osteospermum and I got a liitle suprise fly appear fom one of the yellow tree bush that I picked, it was very small, maybe 1.5-2 mm so it was hard to get good focus but the colours on it are really nice.
Anyway, tell me what you think of my shots, good/bad I dont mind.

Centre of Osteospermum
View attachment 31688
Mimosa
View attachment 31689 View attachment 31690 View attachment 31691

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Hi Graham I spotted your Osteospermum on the home page, love the bold eye catching colour and detail, and the little fly too.....I specially like the first shot.

I bought a single Gerbera two weeks ago and haven't got round to taking it yet ....it's languishing in a glass ...your photo's have spurred me on ....I'll do it tomorrow :)

Love your flower shot #1 the fly looks like some type of picture wing fly rather than a barkfly.

Hi all and thanks for your comments, im in the process of trying to find out what this small fly was/is.

I'm with Paul on this, although I never seen a barkfly quite like this one... another nice find :)

Back