flowers and animals

Name
Nikki
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm very new to both this forum and to the world of photography in general. I'm a complete and utter novice and I'm nervous sharing these photos but I hope to get some tips, advice and critique. Thanks!

tumblr_o231gmET0Q1v7wet6o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o231sb1YDB1v7wet6o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o231upOarA1v7wet6o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o231l7a6j21v7wet6o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o232ijuzKO1v7wet6o1_540.jpg

First 3 look a tad overexposed to me, wolf is far to tight in the frame, cutting the back and tail off, same with lion, although an even tighter crp might just work.

5th, sky is over exposed and no real focal point, not sure what you were trying to achieve

Last one again overexposed and no real focus

Sorry to sound a bit harsh, but it's great that you have shared these, it's a good way to get help and advice, I'm sure others will be along to add their views
Keep it up, look forward to seeing more from you (y)

Nope, don't be sorry. An honest opinion/critique is exactly what I wanted and needed. Most of these shots were experimental after I got my new camera, Didn't really give thought to the fact they were over exposed, and looking through other photo's I've taken It seems to be a common problem for me. So will work on improving on that when I next have some free time. Thank you.

Keep practicing and playing with settings, you'll fet there.
If you keep an eye on the meeting places forum you might find something in your area and all the meets I have been to members are very helpful

Don't be nervous Nikki - everyone has to start somewhere. The technicalities of the exposure etc is obviously one thing - but the main thing that strikes me is needing to think more about the composition. Quite a good way of working on that is to just have a browse of photos on flickr of similar subjects and try to pinpoint what you think makes a good composition. If you have some pointers in your brain then you can apply them next time you are taking pictures - you should find yourself consciously asking yourself things like "have I chopped the ears / paws off this animal" etc.

Back