Flowers

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Just some more testing with my flash gun. Nothing "wow" like, but I think its nice and it works.

CRW_6007-01.jpg

CRW_5987-01.jpg

those are lovely shots, youve brought out the colour nicely.

are you using a diffuser as it seems a nice soft light?

noah said:
those are lovely shots, youve brought out the colour nicely.

are you using a diffuser as it seems a nice soft light?
In-built diffuser on my Sigma Super DG 500 flash.

Sorry I can't comment on how well your flash has worked Pete as I wouldn't know what to look for. But the picture is very nice, the colours of the flowers are lovely and up against the chocolate background really is nice.

Very nice pics :). I prefer the second as the vase intrudes too much and detracts from the flowers IMHO. BTW, the "diffuser" on your flash isn't :). It's a wide-angle adapter and is designed like a lens to spread the light, although it does lessen the harshness. You'd get softer light using a sto-fen diffuser, or even by placing some tissue over the flash.

Adrian said:
Very nice pics :). I prefer the second as the vase intrudes too much and detracts from the flowers IMHO. BTW, the "diffuser" on your flash isn't :). It's a wide-angle adapter and is designed like a lens to spread the light, although it does lessen the harshness. You'd get softer light using a sto-fen diffuser, or even by placing some tissue over the flash.
I've got a sto-fen diffuser but I could never get it to produce as nice results as the wide-angle adapter.

petemc said:
I've got a sto-fen diffuser but I could never get it to produce as nice results as the wide-angle adapter.

I've got mine loosely stuffed with a sheet of cream toilet roll - works wonders and balances skin tones nicely!

#2 for me too, very nice colours and 'feel'

petemc said:

Where did you find that? I've been looking for one for ages.

I got the Sto-fen from Warehouse Express. The Widge angle adapter was built in.

Back