Fly poses

Hand held shots are the only way to go with Macro/closeups shots.

Hand held shots are the only way to go with Macro/closeups shots.

I was handholding for these, but next to the paddling pool my 2 children were in - good thing my EM5 is weather-sealed! I did get asked what I was doing having taken a slightly odd crouching position, and then asked why I am taking photos of flies. Still they found it momentarily interesting when I showed them the actual pictures!

They are good shots
How do you get on with the E-M5ii and 60mm do you use Back button focus and MF?

I was handholding for these, but next to the paddling pool my 2 children were in - good thing my EM5 is weather-sealed! I did get asked what I was doing having taken a slightly odd crouching position, and then asked why I am taking photos of flies. Still they found it momentarily interesting when I showed them the actual pictures!

I know the feeling

How do you get on with the E-M5ii and 60mm do you use Back button focus and MF?

The 60mm is so light, and together with the image stabilisation on the EM5mkII I find that really helps me.

I don't use the back button focus (though maybe should try). Most are taking in AF mode with SAF and the single large square - I find it works quite well. I did try MF out Saturday which I'm going to try again hopefully this weekend - want to have a go at some ants and AF is just not possible with those (I don't think). I think it's more me just getting used to the MF rock back and forth, which is odd when you start.

The 60mm is so light, and together with the image stabilisation on the EM5mkII I find that really helps me.

I don't use the back button focus (though maybe should try). Most are taking in AF mode with SAF and the single large square - I find it works quite well. I did try MF out Saturday which I'm going to try again hopefully this weekend - want to have a go at some ants and AF is just not possible with those (I don't think). I think it's more me just getting used to the MF rock back and forth, which is odd when you start.

Back button focus with +mf allows you to lock focus and rock then shoot and it stops the AF hunting when you try to fire the shutter

Last edited:
Back