FLY

User.81858

Suspended / Banned
Name
Charles
Edit My Images
Yes
Sat in the garden hoping for Butterfly. Hoping to get back into close up..........................This is the only thing I saw in 20 minutes not a Bee or Butterfly to be seen.:(

cropped to about 20% of original.

DSC_2187.jpg

Sorry Charles but it lacks definition and poorly lit or processed but probably the lighting.

That was a big crop Charles, but with a bit of tlc in Lightroom it's not so bad. Focus spot on. Those flies have lovely colours. :)

NOT MY IMAGE - charlychuckchuck fly LR6
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

Like you, there is virtually nothing to find in our garden by way of invertebrates. I got quite upset earlier on this afternoon looking for things, something, anything, with depressing thoughts about "what are we doing to this planet" winding through my mind. Eventually some turned up, but it was pretty much the same flies and (only one sort of) spiders as usual this year. The several local nature reserves I've been going to haven't been a lot better. :(

Sorry for late reply Nick...... it's a long story. thanks for the edit....great improvement. This time last year lots of spiders and big ones at that but only found one small one so far. Will have a look around next sunny day as I have got the macro urge(y)

That was a big crop Charles, but with a bit of tlc in Lightroom it's not so bad. Focus spot on. Those flies have lovely colours. :)

NOT MY IMAGE - charlychuckchuck fly LR6

Like you, there is virtually nothing to find in our garden by way of invertebrates. I got quite upset earlier on this afternoon looking for things, something, anything, with depressing thoughts about "what are we doing to this planet" winding through my mind. Eventually some turned up, but it was pretty much the same flies and (only one sort of) spiders as usual this year. The several local nature reserves I've been going to haven't been a lot better. :(

Much improved with the edit. Would you mind sharing what steps you took in Lightroom please.

Much improved with the edit. Would you mind sharing what steps you took in Lightroom please.

These are the Lightroom settings I used. It may be obvious from them, especially if you have Lightroom and can try them yourself, what I did and why. But if you do need to know about the process, how I got to those settings, let me know and I'll make a video recreating (more or less) what I did, as long is Charles is content to have his image used in this way. (Actually, looking at it again, I'm surprised to see I didn't change the Exposure. I think I would do it differently next time.)

Charles fly Lightroom adjustments

Back