Flying Ant Day Part 2

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd been out hunting dragonflies, to be honest when bug hunting you need Steve Austin Bionic Eyes and 360deg vision, when I spotted swarms of ants on the ground...

Waiting for the flying ants....

flying-ant-5758.jpg

I can see one...

flying-ant-5759.jpg

I can see 2...

flying-ant-5760.jpg

On the move..

flying-ant-5763.jpg

The big welcome...

flying-ant-5766.jpg

Rarrrrr....

flying-ant-5767.jpg

flying-ant-5768.jpg

Canon 800D, Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EP25 tube, Ring Flash, F11, 1/200th, iso100

Thanks Nick, at least this time I could watch them as they came out of the ground, so I knew exactly where to focus.. I did still only take 20 shots...

It was very busy, with ants everywhere, I would have liked to get a lower angle, but I didn't want them crawling all over me, plus I didn't want to step/lie on any any kill them.. I know weird..

Thanks Nick, at least this time I could watch them as they came out of the ground, so I knew exactly where to focus.. I did still only take 20 shots...

It was very busy, with ants everywhere, I would have liked to get a lower angle, but I didn't want them crawling all over me, plus I didn't want to step/lie on any any kill them.. I know weird..

I can understand that. I don't think it is weird. I feel much the same about my subjects.

Still not many shots. Good result.

Back