Flying over the North Sea

Edit My Images
Yes
Tristarflight052a1Medium.jpg

This picture was taken on my Fuji 4800Z at 12k feet out of the starboard window of an RAF Tristar on an air-to-air refueling mission of Tornado,Jaguar and one Harrier over the North Sea out of RAF Brize Norton in August 2003,

You can see 3 Tornado as they waited of the starboard wing ready to drop back to the rear, refuel ,and then line back up on the Port side, before disapearing to continue patroling the area.

The engine in the forground is a Rolls Royce unit on the starboard wing,

the picture has been though photoshop as the thick window glass lost some contrast, otherwise it has been given a border , but not cropped.
i have lots of other shots if interested , not really looking for ' critique ' just showing off some of my collection, but as always , comments are welcome

MyPix 8)

Tristarflight074a1Medium.jpg

after being refueld

MyPix

Now that something you dont get to see everyday!!!!

Would love to see some more :D

Stunning!

Well done, and I love the composition and DOF in the first one! [smilie=t:

Just out of interest, what's the spiral pattern in the sky on the first image?

thanks lads,
as for the pattern, well i aint sure, but it is 20mm thick aviation glass that i was shooting through, the camera wasnt TTL , so might have been sensor reflection , or just plain old reflection,
tho it could be ' flare ' on the triplex glass???
i have shed loads of em

NOW THIS IS WHAT U CALL CLOSE :shock:

Tristarflight064a1Medium.jpg

MyPix said:
as for the pattern, well i aint sure, but it is 20mm thick aviation glass that i was shooting through, the camera wasnt TTL , so might have been sensor reflection , or just plain old reflection,
tho it could be ' flare ' on the triplex glass???

You sure it wasn't Dick Dastardly trying to stop that damn pigeon? [smilie=l:

And yes, you're right, the next one IS rather on the near side!

I'd love to have a go at this type of photography, but I think the only way is to join the RAF which I don't plan on doing.

Great captures mate. Keep them coming.

My Dad has a freind who was an RAF photographer and he has some amzing shots from aircraft to aircraft.
My fave is on his livingroom wall, its a picture of a vulcan bomber.

Tristarflight036bMedium.jpg

2 Jaguar waiting their turn to refuel

MyPix

i remember when mypix first showed me these pics last year, wow was all i could say then, and now!(except maybe run them through a noise filter...)

Nice, very nice. Damn lucky to be in a postition where you can get shots like that. Imagine what you can now get with a bigger better camera :wink:

oh, dont worry, i had a bigger better camera............my Nikon F601,

i must get the negs scanned to a cd one of these days,
i took over 250 shots in total that day

(except maybe run them through a noise filter...).........m8, u show me how in photoshop, and it will be done, :D

MyPix 8)

Holy f***, what a difference :D :D
Tristarflight064a1_filtered.jpg

tis only jpeg compression that spoils it now, great sutff!

I use Noiseware filter, its a free download, there is a Buy version to go with photoshop and a standalone Pro version too

i will review it for review section i think!

These are great pictures that the majority of people would love the opportunity to have a go at capturing themselves. I would spend a few days/weeks or whatever it takes and trawl through your collection, pick out a selection of the best and work on them to bring them to the highest quality and then create a special gallery just for this work. I am sure it would be very popular and bring your work a lot of attention.

Do you still get the opportunity to capture shots like these?

thanks for your comments Steve,
unfortunatly those days have all gone :( ,

but never say never

MyPix 8)

Back