Flying Scotsman

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
This loco came through Gloucester on Friday and yesterday. Both days were not ideal for light. The bridge shots taken at Gloucester as it leaves for Bristol, are spoilt by the lampposts, busy background and building works I wouldn't go there again.Having said that I suppose some would say that's the environment at that location which is fair enough but I prefer clean,uncluttered scenes.The only positive aspect is the view down onto the loco as it passed me. No times were given out due to the irresponsibility of onlookers on Friday. I've seen a photo of both platforms full to capacity, two deep at Cam/Dursley station. There are reports that 50 people trespassed by going on the track. This Tour and the regular trains were held up for 30 minutes because of the problems. I got the time details from realtime trains not UkSteam-they weren't showing on UKSteam. I checked just now and they are. Maybe they went up very late.

29z7nfp.jpg

spg1ep.jpg

wumb6b.jpg

2ahv5e1.jpg

Reactions: LC2
Certainly prefer to top one John, and perhaps the bottom one next.

I'd noticed UKSteam had dropped the times for this week, which is a pity for most of us but entirely understandable - causing delays to the regular scheduled services is a good way for steam to be banned from the network, and no-one wants that. If only the general public could understand that now it's been rebuilt there will be many opportunities to see Scotsman, and that there are plenty of other steam locos they could go and watch instead of all crowding out for this one, there may be less trouble. But that's really just saying "if only everyone were sensible".

Certainly prefer to top one John, and perhaps the bottom one next.

I'd noticed UKSteam had dropped the times for this week, which is a pity for most of us but entirely understandable - causing delays to the regular scheduled services is a good way for steam to be banned from the network, and no-one wants that. If only the general public could understand that now it's been rebuilt there will be many opportunities to see Scotsman, and that there are plenty of other steam locos they could go and watch instead of all crowding out for this one, there may be less trouble. But that's really just saying "if only everyone were sensible".

Thanks Mike. Well, I agree but I suppose it is a matter of not realising as they don't usually get out to see steam locos but with this one the local newspapers ramp it up. Anything to fill a few inches column,then of course having contributed to the cause of the problems they get another bite at the cherry reporting the ensuing mayhem so a win- win for them .

I hope the weather down here in sw Cornwall is ok for Tornado at Penzance on Monday. I watched the local forecast earlier on on the BBC Regional News and they're forecasting thunderstorms for Sunday.

Back