Flying Scotsman

Not seen any steam for a while, Flying Scotsman was coming fairly close to home, so out we went,

flying scotsman by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Nice shot, Michael. Never seen so much smoke..makes a change.

I went to see it a week last Saturday (28th.) but it had problems and was replaced by Royal Scot.

I thought people had given up posting locos so I didn't post it. I'll do it now.

Nice shot, Michael. Never seen so much smoke..makes a change.

I went to see it a week last Saturday (28th.) but it had problems and was replaced by Royal Scot.

I thought people had given up posting locos so I didn't post it. I'll do it now.

Hi John, thanks for looking in, pleased you like it, not sure what will be next, shoud have been going for the tin bath tour at the weekend, but it was cancelled.

I haven't seen any steam for a while, but I think the next two Saturdays have something close to me.

I haven't seen any steam for a while, but I think the next two Saturdays have something close to me.

Looks like these,Mike. Hope the weather will be ok.

18th. Duchess of Sutherland Crewe to Holyhead return.

23rd. Tornado. London >Crewe> Chester

Yes, though on the morning it actually turned out to be "Galatea" as the original loco was unavailable. If anything this was better for me, as I don't really like DoS in green. I am debating whether to post the photos as they're not really anything special, other than record shots.

Yes, though on the morning it actually turned out to be "Galatea" as the original loco was unavailable. If anything this was better for me, as I don't really like DoS in green. I am debating whether to post the photos as they're not really anything special, other than record shots.

Oh..you must post Galatea. Sometimes the loco photos aren't the best but us steam enthusiasts still enjoy looking at any,especially the wonderful crimson lake colour of Galatea..same as Princess Elizabeth. I'd travel a good distance to see them even though I already have photos of both.

Duchess is being painted into crimson lake for next season, galatea is a lovely loco,

Duchess is being painted into crimson lake for next season, galatea is a lovely loco,

Oh, excellent, that is good news. I will have to keep an eye open for opportunities then.

Oh..you must post Galatea. Sometimes the loco photos aren't the best but us steam enthusiasts still enjoy looking at any,especially the wonderful crimson lake colour of Galatea..same as Princess Elizabeth. I'd travel a good distance to see them even though I already have photos of both.

I will re-process and start a thread when I get a minute.

"Excellent" shot Sir, really pushes all the right buttons for me.(y)

"Sorry I'm a bit late on parade, I've only just seen this shot"

George.

Last edited:
I have a choice this Saturday, Tornado or Oliver Cromwell both going to Chester.

Looks like it will be Tornado only problem it will have to be fighting with the pylons on the Trent Valley Line.

Trevor

I have a choice this Saturday, Tornado or Oliver Cromwell both going to Chester.

Looks like it will be Tornado only problem it will have to be fighting with the pylons on the Trent Valley Line.

Trevor

Wife and I are going to Chester on Saturday, it was surprisingly cheap to get there on the train, so should be seeing them both, partly a day out as its my birthday tomorrow and to get to see some steam.

Have a nice trip, I like Chester generally though I can't remember the last time I was anywhere near the station.

Back