Flying Scotsman

Nice light but the train needs space to travel into and the halos are really severe Mark.

Try another rendition without over sharpening or maybe it's the clarity slider that's done the damage.

Nice light but the train needs space to travel into and the halos are really severe Mark.

Try another rendition without over sharpening or maybe it's the clarity slider that's done the damage.
thanks, always appreciate criticism (no, its not sarcasm)

completely agree but I chose the composition as theres a bridge and abutments just off to the right and i didnt like them so i thought i would try a longer perspective in a hope it would balance it...

I cant see much of a halo, i will have another go tho.... over sharpened, quite possibly yes

I like this pic! [emoji577][emoji577][emoji577] I think id have gone for a square crop and removed that bush. I just find it distracting! But that would just be my preference. Many will prefer it just the way it is!

I like this pic! [emoji577][emoji577][emoji577] I think id have gone for a square crop and removed that bush. I just find it distracting! But that would just be my preference. Many will prefer it just the way it is!
100% agree that bush is in the way hahaha.... a tighter crop just made the image look squashed tho so i left it

Good low pov ,it makes a difference.

Re. giving it space infront I always find it useful to anticipate that observation and mention why as no-one knows what would be in shot by turning the camera to give space or a wider angle.As soon as I saw the steps I realised why you restricted the forward view before I read Terry's post re. that aspect.

Back