Flying stuff

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

On the Estuary again from 6am, tried to catch something different - like Birds in Flight

here's a few

1. Mallard
DSC09749 Mallard Leaving by Les Moxon, on Flickr

2, Shelduck landing
DSC09734 Shelduck landing by Les Moxon, on Flickr

3.Avocet coming in
DSC09731 Avocet by Les Moxon, on Flickr

4. Avocet Fly by
DSC09672 Avocet by Les Moxon, on Flickr

5. Avocet- putting the brakes on
DSC09666 Avocet landing by Les Moxon, on Flickr

6. Incoming Avocet pair
DSC09725 Incoming Avocet pair by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to view and as always - comments are appreciated

Les :)

Hi Les, cracking shots! Those Avocet ones are superb.

Noticed you're from Taunton, so would that be the Bridgwater bay, River Parrett estuary by any chance?
I was up at Steart Marsh this morning about 5.45, second car there, and saw several people on my return with huge prime lenses and got a serious case of lens envy! I live on the edge of Quantocks and have only just got back into photography again as one of my sons is doing it at school so we've been getting up at the crack of dawn to do some recces etc.

Excellent shots, Les. (y)

You got the timing spot on for the 3rd shot. Another for your wall I feel.

I am slowly running out of wall Gary :) - I don't think my images would qualify for spening tons of cash on an extention to the house :) :)

lovely shots

Thank you buddy- nice of you to comment :)

Hi Les, cracking shots! Those Avocet ones are superb.

Noticed you're from Taunton, so would that be the Bridgwater bay, River Parrett estuary by any chance?
I was up at Steart Marsh this morning about 5.45, second car there, and saw several people on my return with huge prime lenses and got a serious case of lens envy! I live on the edge of Quantocks and have only just got back into photography again as one of my sons is doing it at school so we've been getting up at the crack of dawn to do some recces etc.

Yes the Bridgwater bay area, quite right, I do spend some time there most weeks . I arrived at Steart around 6.45 - 7am time yesterday , we may well have passed one an other. I have a silver Nissan X trail and a huge lens too - more than willing to meet up and offer any guidence ref Photographing Avocets etc etc - just drop me a PM

Excellent shots, Les. (y)

Thank you Lee, Nice of you to comment fella :)

Les

Yes the Bridgwater bay area, quite right, I do spend some time there most weeks . I arrived at Steart around 6.45 - 7am time yesterday , we may well have passed one an other. I have a silver Nissan X trail and a huge lens too - more than willing to meet up and offer any guidence ref Photographing Avocets etc etc - just drop me a PM
Yes we probably did! That's very kind thank you(y)

Well caught, Les
Excellent set!!

I tried to capture something simple like Fulmars in flight on the coastal cliffs up the road.
By the time I find them in the viewfinder the bird is long gone :LOL: :LOL:

Thats an age related situation Mike - I can't help you fella :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I see your day got off to a flying start, mate - nice mixed set! :)

Russ

Oh please :LOL::LOL::LOL: but yes it was my sole intention to try to increase a skill set like flying birds etc

Thanks for the comment Russ

Les

Some nice shots in there Les (y)

Back