weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 52 'Out-Take (and finished)' Added

fills the brief well. Some good texture in the wood and like others like the sawdust. Does look good on flickr.

Rough Sawn

And yes, I know I should have a blade guard on the saw - I usually do but took it off for this image as I wanted to capture the movement on the blade and the sawdust (I think I have just about managed to capture both).

Nice image and lots of textures. Re guard... yes be careful, I've seen first hand how this goes wrong! good image though

Hi Jim, rough is a good image! Like the detail captured of the sawdust and wood texture, as well as the moving saw blade. I agree with Lee, worth looking on flickr to see all the detail.

Rough
Good job, nice composition, maybe a little more movement in the blade would be good.

Waiting all 4 work well but I do like the (redshank ?)

Rough sawn you need to see my cutting skills if you think that’s rough lol and be careful with them fingers :eek:

Nicely captured, count the fingers!

Mystery Object ...

Cool shot for object Jim, like the placing of the card and good BG brickwork.

It's my 50th birthday, so the 'mystery object' seemed to fit quite well.

Happy Birthday - and a nice pic too :)

Clever. Well constructed items, although the background maybe could have been simpler?

Works nicely for the theme. Nice and bright and cheerful.
One thought would be to have re-positioned the presents slightly so that the wall behind doesn't change, as the change in the wall does pull the eye a bit.

Good idea to use those elements. Have a good one!! And anyone else waiting to see what the prezzies were?

thanks ... It was a tray and some Dartington G&T glasses (I also went to watch Exeter Chiefs and out for a slap up steak meal!) but my main prezzie will be had later in the year in the form of a 1 to 1 photography workshop in the Lake District.

Object
Good idea, I like the composition and colours. A good touch with the envelope.

Nice object image Jim. Good staging and it makes you wonder what's inside the boxes (although we now know)

Happy 50th too :)

My dog's WET nose (also SooC) ...

I was pondering what to do for this theme, the dog was sat in my lap, I looked down and saw her wet nose and thought 'that's it!'.

Fab shot - right on the nose :D

What they all said. Excellent idea and well executed

Liking the shot for Object. Nicely composed. Regarding the background, maybe a shallower DoF or add a bit of a blur in post? I hope you had great birthday and the 1 to 1 session sounds great!

Wet - That is a great shot! So right for the theme and great for a SooC shot.

Back