Weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 28 'Wide' Added

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Drink

I like the movement in the water, it could have been tempting to try and freeze it, I'm also liking the way the light is catching the leaves.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Super shot - love the light and movement.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi Jim,

Whole - A really nice candid shot. Really good expression on the boys face. Well captured.
Fragile - A lovely web and water drops shot. Very nice background colour and softness too that really makes the web pop.
Squashed - A good match for the theme and I too like the background colour.
Time - Great shot for the theme and works perfectly in mono to bring out all the textures.
Full - Well done for getting that close. I'm not sure I would with those horns! A great shot and the fog really adds to it.
Drink -Very nice light on that and, as others have said, you've nailed the shutter speed to get just the right amount of flow in the water and splashes.

OP
OP
F
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's my image for Wide. This gunnera plant has extremely wide leaves - I love these plants, they are just so prehistoric looking and when you get up close the stems have thousands of thorn like protrusions on them.

I also thought of this image but prefer the gunnera. This is a viaduct which used to carry a railway line (one of Beechings casualties), and the arch is pretty wide (but not quite as wide as it is tall).

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Gunna go for the Gunnera - fab plants. I have a pic somewhere of my family stood under some!

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Both really great images Jim!:clap:
The dappled light on the Gunnera image is terrific, and it's such an interesting plant. The composition is really good too.
The viaduct image is superb also, love the perspective and the mono treatment is top notch - a very striking image!
Can't pick a favourite, both are excellent!