weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 52 'Out-Take (and finished)' Added

Full
Nice horns. That is a real thick fog, it gives a moody atmosphere.

Last edited:
Giving the bonsai a Drink ...

Drink

I like the movement in the water, it could have been tempting to try and freeze it, I'm also liking the way the light is catching the leaves.

Super shot - love the light and movement.

Hi Jim,

Whole - A really nice candid shot. Really good expression on the boys face. Well captured.
Fragile - A lovely web and water drops shot. Very nice background colour and softness too that really makes the web pop.
Squashed - A good match for the theme and I too like the background colour.
Time - Great shot for the theme and works perfectly in mono to bring out all the textures.
Full - Well done for getting that close. I'm not sure I would with those horns! A great shot and the fog really adds to it.
Drink -Very nice light on that and, as others have said, you've nailed the shutter speed to get just the right amount of flow in the water and splashes.

Dirty bins (and technique Colour Pop)

Hi Jim,

That's a very good image for Dirty. The colour pop parts lead my eye into the photo nicely. It does look like quite a clean bin store area for the theme though!

Here's my image for Wide. This gunnera plant has extremely wide leaves - I love these plants, they are just so prehistoric looking and when you get up close the stems have thousands of thorn like protrusions on them.

I also thought of this image but prefer the gunnera. This is a viaduct which used to carry a railway line (one of Beechings casualties), and the arch is pretty wide (but not quite as wide as it is tall).

Last edited:
Gunna go for the Gunnera - fab plants. I have a pic somewhere of my family stood under some!

Both really great images Jim!:clap:
The dappled light on the Gunnera image is terrific, and it's such an interesting plant. The composition is really good too.
The viaduct image is superb also, love the perspective and the mono treatment is top notch - a very striking image!
Can't pick a favourite, both are excellent!

Both 'Wide' shots are great, I actually prefer the arch myself. Looks really good in mono :)

I struggled a bit this week, but here are 3 offerings. I've chosen the first one, only because I like the uniformity of the lines etc in it and, it's closed for obvious reasons.

Here's my second offering, sorry Roxy, the doors are closed (for the moment) ...

And the last, closed to the public ...

Very nice set there Jim!(y)
#1: love this image! Great use of geometrical, repeating patterns, and very nicely processed for mono too.
#2: aww poor little Roxy!! There's definitely something fun beyond those closed doors! A fun image with lots of character!
#3: yep, that's clearly closed! Something so inviting and tantalising about this! Did you venture farther into the forbidden territory, to unlock it's mysterious secrets?:giggle:

Very nice set there Jim!(y)
#1: love this image! Great use of geometrical, repeating patterns, and very nicely processed for mono too.
#2: aww poor little Roxy!! There's definitely something fun beyond those closed doors! A fun image with lots of character!
#3: yep, that's clearly closed! Something so inviting and tantalising about this! Did you venture farther into the forbidden territory, to unlock it's mysterious secrets?:giggle:

Thanks for the lovely comments. No, I didn't go into the woodland (there are plenty of private woodlands around here and some of the owner can be less than nice)

Closed

#1, quite like it, it works well in black and white.

I also like your third shot.

Hi Jim,

I really like both shots for wide. The Gunnera certainly is wide. Great PoV which makes it look even bigger for me. I like the arch as, although it doesn't rally fit the theme of wide for me, I just think it it's a very nice mono shot.

Lots of good shots for closed. I especially like the shot of Roxy looking longingly at the garden. The private wood is a great shot too. As Gareth says, I'm intrigued as to what lays beyond.

Snappers Choice week:

I wanted to capture the essence of summer, which for where I live has to be something in nature, so i've chosen the first image in this set. The others were also some I took today (I found it hard to choose the one for the weekly).

The 'aslo rans':

I tried some different PP techniques with this one

Last edited:
Any one of those shots are good enough Jim, liking them all but the stand out ones are N0s 1/2/4 and 5.

Thanks Dave, kind of you to say.

A nice set. I think I'd have chosen the landscape version of the wheat - the last shot. I like the light on the interior shot a lot too.

What a great set of images Jim!:clap:
All are really excellent and different!
Your posted image is very good, and I think the tall crop works nicely - the landscape version looks very nice too.
The 'winding road' and the 'path through the wheat field' are excellent, beautiful summery images, and the church interior is expertly lit and exposed.
The psychedelic image is certainly punchy, and I like it a lot....I enjoy experimenting with this kind of thing too....your image works a treat!

What a great set of images Jim!:clap:
All are really excellent and different!
Your posted image is very good, and I think the tall crop works nicely - the landscape version looks very nice too.
The 'winding road' and the 'path through the wheat field' are excellent, beautiful summery images, and the church interior is expertly lit and exposed.
The psychedelic image is certainly punchy, and I like it a lot....I enjoy experimenting with this kind of thing too....your image works a treat!

Thanks for the kind words Gareth, very uch appreciated.

Wow Jim, you have been busy ! Must admit I do like the wheat shots. Did you consider a b&w conversation and possibly a colour pop of the wheat head ? Just my thought

Snappers choice
I think you chose well. The wheat breaking the horizon works well, maybe a little too the left or the right would improve the composition a bit.

Well, these 3 are certainly full of life

Last edited:
Nicely caught shot of the kids - much prefer something like this than studio type shots. Well done!

Back