Weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 40 & 41 'Snappers Choice & Near' Added

Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
very nice capture the long exposure works great with the waves over the rocks and the waterfall and gives the sky that nice bit of drama.

OP
OP
F
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
164 seconds, that's some long exposure!
It has given you a nice milky sea and plenty of movement in the clouds :)
I don't use NDs, is the "Big Stopper" 10 stops?

Good start to your 52 :)
Yep, it was a long exposure indeed! Big Stopper is 10 stops, yes.

I'm still very much an amateur so hoping to gain a lot from participating in this challenge - thanks for allowing me to join.

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I want to go here!!! Wherever it is. You have mastered the long exposure ever so well. Simply a stunning first image for you of 2019. Look forward to seeing what else you pull out of the camera.

OP
OP
F
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I want to go here!!! Wherever it is. You have mastered the long exposure ever so well. Simply a stunning first image for you of 2019. Look forward to seeing what else you pull out of the camera.
This was taken at a beach called Buck's Mills, North Devon (you can find it from the A39 coast road, between Barnstaple and Hartland). Our first time here and it is a gorgeous, secluded beach. I didn't know it at the time but, when the tide goes out it reveals sand too (I saw this on some images on twitter) - so, i'll be back there.

Thanks for the comments, i'm looking forward to getting stuck in, where I can.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice big stopper pic - 3 lots of nice movement!

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Very nice mono image Jim. Nicely composed photo with lots of detail and the length of exposure has really pulled out lots of interest in the sky and water that had me going back over the photo again and again.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice clean shot Jim :)

Love the little starburst!

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice work and actually one that occurred to me as I was coming home on the train. I envisaged a side-on view and maybe a lower POV, but yours works just as well.
Anyway, back to the drawing board!!

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Very nice shot.
I like the central composition.
Definitely on point for the theme.

I had two ideas for this weeks theme...and this was one of them...even went on the ACME website since I didn't have a whistle!!:D
Glad I didn't now, yours looks much better than I could have done...that little starburst really sells it well.
(y)

Edit My Images
Yes
It is indeed clean as a.....

Personally i'd have liked to have seen it at a different angle, not sure if face on or turned, but want to see what the writing is and any other details to the whistle

Great concept