weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 52 'Out-Take (and finished)' Added

Open - Liking your work, clearly a lot of preparation but it was worth it great idea
Distant - I like both you shots I do agree the latter crop is better.

Last edited:
Hi Jim, Love the idea of the can of worms, well taken with lots of detail in the worms, I think the blue bg works well too. Your edit of the distant image is an improvement, much better with out all the distracting bits (y) For me though I would go for the crosses. I like the large one in the foreground with the rest leading your eye to the back of the shot (y):D

We went to normandy last summer for our holidays and seeing the graveyards was a moving experience, for that reason I would choose that shot out of the two but with your edits the other shot is good as well.

We went to normandy last summer for our holidays and seeing the graveyards was a moving experience, for that reason I would choose that shot out of the two but with your edits the other shot is good as well.

Yep, those war graves certainly take the breath away the first time you see them! Did you manage to get to the German ones as well, also very poignant but very different to those of the US and UK.

Clean
Like the use of the whistle, I like the crop and composition you have used and I like that little star burst too.
open
great subject matter there! Lighting looks good and the colours are great too.
distant
Liking the 1st one, great idea, though I think it would be better without the people in the bg.
2nd, on theme, thought provoking, I would consider a b+w conversion.

Stone Cold Dead (Pheasants) ...

Last edited:
A very striking image, Jim, and it fits the theme. I think I would have cropped a bit bigger to leave the hook a bit further into the shot, and not snip off the tail at the bottom.

A very striking image, Jim, and it fits the theme. I think I would have cropped a bit bigger to leave the hook a bit further into the shot, and not snip off the tail at the bottom.

Valid points, a slightly different crop now added, thanks for the feedback.

And they're not ready until the fall from the rope ;)

Nicely done, nicely dead and will be very nice on the dinner table

And they're not ready until the fall from the rope ;)

Nicely done, nicely dead and will be very nice on the dinner table
They were delicious, roasted with an ale and sherry liquid in the bottom of the pan and wrapped in good thick fatty bacon!

Thanks for the comments too

I will just agree with what`s been said, as not really in to looking at dead animals sorry.
No problem, that's why I put it under a spoiler.

Cold
A good take on the theme. I don't know if it's just because I'm looking on my phone, but the first bird (on the left) looks a little purple.

Cold
A good take on the theme. I don't know if it's just because I'm looking on my phone, but the first bird (on the left) looks a little purple.
Thanks. The bird on the left had very iridescent feathers and in the early morning light they really shone purple.

Waiting for that dastardly worm!

I also went out and took these ...

Waiting for just the right moment

Waiting for the tide (x2)

Great work there Jim.
All fit the them well, are very nicely composed with great detail.
For me, it's #1, it's superb. and I have a soft spot for redshanks....I've photographed a few myself....none as good as this however.
Lovely colours and great, sharp details.
Ace!(y)

Any of those images for the waiting theme Jim, my pic is the 1st shot of the bird waiting for a worm. Nice colours and a good reflection.

Thanks for the comments, i'm really pleased with the one i've chosen

All great shots. The fishing boats (#1) for me. I like the composition of this shot.

Thanks, I was torn between this one and the one I chose but the colours just were'nt quite there for me (I didn't want to go too mad in PP)

Great work there Jim.
All fit the them well, are very nicely composed with great detail.
For me, it's #1, it's superb. and I have a soft spot for redshanks....I've photographed a few myself....none as good as this however.
Lovely colours and great, sharp details.
Ace!(y)

Wow! lovely comments, many thanks. I was very fortunate in that the bird just stayed put and I managed to get pretty close and get a few shots off before I got too bold and he flew off :)

#4 for me Jim, I like how you seem to be wading to get the shot, it's an unusual perspective. :)
In my monitor I might want to bring the whites up a little, but that may just be my monitor (and/or my preference)

Think you've covered all bases there :) I prefer the first boat one as i'm a sucker for those kind of scenes

Number three or four for me Jim, I like the idea. Both nicely taken have you have a shot with more of the the reflection on number four by any chance ?

Number three or four for me Jim, I like the idea. Both nicely taken have you have a shot with more of the the reflection on number four by any chance ?

No, I couldn't get far enough back to get the whole reflection in, unfortunately (there was a wall and lots of mud behind me)

4 good images which fit the theme well. I too prefer your first image. Some lovely colours in the image.

Rough Sawn

And yes, I know I should have a blade guard on the saw - I usually do but took it off for this image as I wanted to capture the movement on the blade and the sawdust (I think I have just about managed to capture both).

Saw shot is good! Had to click to see it bigger tp get the sawdust.

Back