weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 52 'Out-Take (and finished)' Added

Hi Jim,

I really like the compass for decay. I didn't understand it at first but when I clicked on the link a read your explanation it all made sense. It fits perfectly for me and is a very clever and unique take for the theme.
I like your entry for your free week. Plenty of green in there too :)

Not baaaaad :)

Very good indeed Dave

To be fair, I was feeling a bit sheepish about replying :)

Nicely done Jim. I'm surprised they let you get that close. Nice details

Whole - He's got the whole world in his hands ...

Fragile - gossamer is a very fragile (and delicate) material indeed ...

Two fab pix Jim! :woot:

Love your 'whole' image Jim, very nice indeed, and his expression is perfect!
Your fragile image is fantastic!! It is perfect for the theme, and I love the blurred background....it's just right!
Superb!:clap:

Thanks, it's hard to get the grandson to smile naturally so I told him to look at the globe, then told him that the dog had just farted - it did the trick! :D

Hi Jim

Whole Image is very nice, young chappy has a nice expression and the image has lots of colour and detail where it is needed.

Fragile, you did well to find a spiders web in such good condition. I did not find any like that. I assume you spray it. Nice OOF background highlights the web.

Pete

Hi Jim

Fragile, you did well to find a spiders web in such good condition. I did not find any like that. I assume you spray it. Nice OOF background highlights the web.

Pete

yes Pete, I sprayed it with a fine mist water bottle.

Here's my image for Squash(ed) - a squashed squash ball. I had lots of ideas for this week's theme but I just couldn't get the images I wanted so I set this up in the conservatory using the wife, a cushion and a squash ball, all natural light.

Last edited:
Very inventive and creative image Jim!(y)
Works very well against the purple background, and the natural light gives a pleasing softness.
Super sharp details on the ball and Mrs FlyPhots hand - I can even see the tiny textures inside the dots (on Flickr)....and you got this at a 1/15th of a second....well played sir!:clap:

Above - lovely image great item and the lighting works well.
Hot - I like the Pov, great chains.
Light - I like the shadow great shot and the building is interesting from the outside too.
Crowd - good macro there is a lot of detail there.
Decay - clever link to the theme, well laid out I like it. I like the boat and the logs too.
Free - I like that they are all looking at the camera nice of them to pose for you.
Whole - Fun idea for the theme and great smile.
Fragile - Fab image loads of detail especially on flicker, love it.
Squash - lots of squash there, great background colour

Jim, just right for the theme ! The mice had got hold of my old squash balls and they are in a sorry state ! Beggars belief that they chewed them !

Frozen in Time ...

That is a great shot and very clever one for Time Jim, looks great in b&w and nice texture in it too.
Thanks Dave, I'm really pleased with it.

Squashed
Looks good. I like the two dots (I'm sure they have a meaning) facing the camera.

Time
The light, highlighting the fossil is great and the vignetting helps to focus the eye.

Squashed
Looks good. I like the two dots (I'm sure they have a meaning) facing the camera.

Time
The light, highlighting the fossil is great and the vignetting helps to focus the eye.

Thanks for the nice comments. Double dots on a squash ball mean they are very fast and suited to higher level players (not me, by the way!)

Time works really well (y)

Squashed - clever concept and nicely done. When I used to play, the balls always had just the one dot on them - how times have changed ;)

Time - really like this. The mono processing just brings this to life (ironically). Great image

Hi Jim,

Time - Nice. Mono suits it. Nice and punchy bringing out the detail (y)

Squash(ed) - Quite an optical illusion there. Zoomed out it looked like you missed focus, but zoomed in you can see you hit focus. Maybe it's the dark area on the ball (or maybe it's just my c**p eyesight).

Fragile - Lovely capture with the dew on the web, and good work with the background too.

Whole - Nicely on theme, good portrait, I'm happy not seeing his eyes as they are obviously focused on the globe.

Free Week - Chuckle. You have to wonder what they are thinking (maybe would mint sauce go with that human?). You certainly seemed to be being stared down.

Nice image, suits the mono too :)

Thankd for all the lovely comments everyone, i'm quite blown away!

Here he is, a Full set of horns, in a Full on pea-souper of a fog! (yes, it really was that foggy on Dartmoor this morning)

Last edited:
Now that's nice Jim. I really like the framing and the fog through the image, giving it a very atmospheric look

Nice picture, the fog adds to the atmosphere and the framing with the horns works well

Back