weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 52 'Out-Take (and finished)' Added

Nice idea for the theme, maybe a bit more land for me, but that’s being really nit picky.

Three really super images Jim!:clap:

Snappers Choice: Expert use of ND fangled devices!! Love the smoothness, works well as a mono too.
Near: Lovely colours and the background blur is spot on...love that sail in the far distance, very nice.
Song: Great image and a great song too. That sky means business! Fab work Jim!

I've been on a workshop this week in the lakes, one of the many images I took was this one, and I happened to have borrowed a pair of gloves from my tutor for the day as it was freezing and i'd left mine in my car (shoe-horn? possibly)

Hi Jim,

Song - nice image that suits. Great sky too.
Borrowed - Clever take on the theme. Good back story and the image really ticks all the boxes for me. Vey nice and simple but really works.

Hi Jim,

Song - nice image that suits. Great sky too.
Borrowed - Clever take on the theme. Good back story and the image really ticks all the boxes for me. Vey nice and simple but really works.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Borrowed
Shoehorn, no, never ;).
A little off of the bottom maybe?

:D

I deliberately put the central mass of the main 'bush' of the tree on the top third line as I think it looks better that way, personally.

A shot taken outside the Salem Chapel in East Budleigh, Devon.

Long exposure technique used and i've tried to add noise and lose clarity to really give it that spooky feel (has it worked?)

Last edited:
I think adding the grain and having it in b&w really makes the shot, love the selfie too.

Thanks Dave, it wasn't a selfie, I just took a picture of a building ;) :D:D

That's spooky. Nice idea to add some noise. Like the use of the conventional ghost image.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Yep - it's a belter :)

Now that is excellent!:clap:
Top notch processing - the grain and mono treatments work very well indeed!
Very creative and frightfully spooky too....but who is that standing behind you?!?:eek:;)[emoji23]
Many thanks [emoji316][emoji316]

I really like the Borrowed shot and think it would look well as a square. Very simple and understated.
Spooky is good as well. Very creative and fits the theme perfectly.

Spooky
Yup, it has work, really rather well. The only thing I may have changed is the modern looking fleece/jacket you're wearing, for something a bit more ghostly.

I really like the Borrowed shot and think it would look well as a square. Very simple and understated.
Spooky is good as well. Very creative and fits the theme perfectly.
Thanks, really appreciate the comments

Spooky
Yup, it has work, really rather well. The only thing I may have changed is the modern looking fleece/jacket you're wearing, for something a bit more ghostly.
Cheers, to be honest I hadn't planned on being in the shot [emoji23]

I echo the comments above for Spooky - well put together

Short lived leaves - it's the end of their relatively short lifespan

Nice shot for Spooky Jim. Very well done.

Short has lovely autumnal colours and is a clever fit to the theme.

Many thanks for the kind comments

Like the idea, Jim. Nice contrasting colours between the golden-orange leaves subject and the blurry dark green background

Thanks Stan

Great image Jim!(y)

As has been said, the colours are wonderful!
Such a great contrast between the warmth of the leaves and the background.
Very nicely shot!

Thanks for the kind words Gareth.

Back