weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 52 'Out-Take (and finished)' Added

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
First post, one of the first shots with my 'new' (to me) Lee Big Stopper:

Bucks Mills Beach 2

Last edited:
very nice capture the long exposure works great with the waves over the rocks and the waterfall and gives the sky that nice bit of drama.

164 seconds, that's some long exposure!
It has given you a nice milky sea and plenty of movement in the clouds :)
I don't use NDs, is the "Big Stopper" 10 stops?

Good start to your 52 :)

Yep, it was a long exposure indeed! Big Stopper is 10 stops, yes.

I'm still very much an amateur so hoping to gain a lot from participating in this challenge - thanks for allowing me to join.

I want to go here!!! Wherever it is. You have mastered the long exposure ever so well. Simply a stunning first image for you of 2019. Look forward to seeing what else you pull out of the camera.

I want to go here!!! Wherever it is. You have mastered the long exposure ever so well. Simply a stunning first image for you of 2019. Look forward to seeing what else you pull out of the camera.

This was taken at a beach called Buck's Mills, North Devon (you can find it from the A39 coast road, between Barnstaple and Hartland). Our first time here and it is a gorgeous, secluded beach. I didn't know it at the time but, when the tide goes out it reveals sand too (I saw this on some images on twitter) - so, i'll be back there.

Thanks for the comments, i'm looking forward to getting stuck in, where I can.

New
Nice in black and white. Just the right amount of movement in the clouds and water (well for me anyway).

Oh yes, that works perfectly for me Jim- nicely executed

nice long exposure image I like the effect you get from these shots

Nice big stopper pic - 3 lots of nice movement!

Jim, like the concept new to me ! The smoothness over the rocks at the front add something quite interesting

yep, 'new to me' as it was bought from a fellow forum user, as used. Thanks for the positive comments, I really enjoyed trying it out and am very pleased withthe result.

Very nice mono image Jim. Nicely composed photo with lots of detail and the length of exposure has really pulled out lots of interest in the sky and water that had me going back over the photo again and again.

Nice clean shot Jim :)

Love the little starburst!

Is that an ACME Thunderer?

It is indeed! From my rugby referee days [emoji16]
Thought so, I have one in my fire tunic at work, it was issued to me 35 years ago to sound the evacuation notice.. thankfully it's never been used in anger! Nice shot by the way :)

Nice work and actually one that occurred to me as I was coming home on the train. I envisaged a side-on view and maybe a lower POV, but yours works just as well.
Anyway, back to the drawing board!!

Very nice shot.
I like the central composition.
Definitely on point for the theme.

I had two ideas for this weeks theme...and this was one of them...even went on the ACME website since I didn't have a whistle!!:D
Glad I didn't now, yours looks much better than I could have done...that little starburst really sells it well.
(y)

I'll have to admit that the starbursts were merely a product of the flash and not by design ... But, I have learned something from it [emoji16]

It is indeed clean as a.....

Personally i'd have liked to have seen it at a different angle, not sure if face on or turned, but want to see what the writing is and any other details to the whistle

Great concept

It is indeed clean as a.....

Personally i'd have liked to have seen it at a different angle, not sure if face on or turned, but want to see what the writing is and any other details to the whistle

Great concept

I see what you mean, but I wanted to keep it more abstract, keep 'em guessing ;)

Unusual PoV but it works. My ACME Thunderer is black plastic so not as pretty but it does the job in the playground.

Back