weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

A good composition. I do like a good Haynes manual (although they don't make one for one of my car's)

A good composition. I do like a good Haynes manual (although they don't make one for one of my car's)

cheers, Haynes are great

Wild - Mono for me I like that a different take on the theme.

Broken - I like that and know the feeling well (apart form mine be a bit cheaper to fix!) I like the muted colours they work well.

Wild - Mono for me I like that a different take on the theme.

Broken - I like that and know the feeling well (apart form mine be a bit cheaper to fix!) I like the muted colours they work well.

Thanks for the comments

Liking the broken image Jim, nothing like getting your hands dirty and messing on with engines. Used to do it myself years ago, not now though, its all computerised high tek stuff.

Liking the broken image Jim, nothing like getting your hands dirty and messing on with engines. Used to do it myself years ago, not now though, its all computerised high tek stuff.
Hopefully not too expensively broken... Nicely composed and arranged.

Thanks for the comments. It's not actually broken at all, just a few props for the image ;) :)

Nice idea for broken, good to see a hammer in there! :D

Week 8: I wonder if my lawnmower will have the Ability to cut this grass (the wet weather has prevented me from cutting it so far, so it's got pretty long!).

Spot on image for the theme Jim, good detail in the foreground and the colours are rich and contrasting. Bet it was hard work getting through that grass.

Good take on the theme and well done making a lawnmower look interesting. MIne won't be seeing the light of day until we dry out :)

Spot on image for the theme Jim, good detail in the foreground and the colours are rich and contrasting. Bet it was hard work getting through that grass.

Thanks Paul, getting through the grass is my job for this weekend - i'm not looking forward to it!

Good take on the theme and well done making a lawnmower look interesting. MIne won't be seeing the light of day until we dry out :)

Thanks, i'm dreading mowing it. I do have a robot mower but it wouldn't cope with that length of grass so i need to do the first cut the old fashioned way.

Good take on theme Jim, all the wet weather will make it hard to do the lawns.

thanks Dave, and thanks for reminding me (!) :D

Great POV and use of DOF to make a mundane object look very interesting, I like it.

Good idea for the theme Jim.
But you know what they say? its a lot less bovver wiv an 'ovver :D

Great POV and use of DOF to make a mundane object look very interesting, I like it.

Thanks for the nice comments

Good idea for the theme Jim.
But you know what they say? its a lot less bovver wiv an 'ovver :D

Cheers Cobra. It's self propelling so not too bad, my only dread is emptying the grass collector every 2 minutes (I have a pretty big lawn)!

Nice shot and works well for theme. Had to cut my grass twice this year already, otherwise we can't find the Chihuahua!

Nice shot and works well for theme. Had to cut my grass twice this year already, otherwise we can't find the Chihuahua!

Thanks, yes it's getting a bit that way with our Jack Russell now. I think this weekend i'll have to get it done

The effects of successive Winter storms ...

Nice moody image in #1 Jim :)

What a shame, what a mess eh? :(

Nice moody image in #1 Jim :)

What a shame, what a mess eh? :(

Thanks. Yep, although that area floods quite readily when we have heavy rain.

Great shots for winter, the storms have certainly taken their toll around here too.

Ability - Nicely composed some great detail in there.

Winter - Great us of leading lines some great colour and detail.

Ability - Nicely composed some great detail in there.

Winter - Great us of leading lines some great colour and detail.

Thanks for the nice comments, much appreciated.

That's certainly a pictorial version of this winter! Definitely #1 for me... nice pov of the scene and the path certainly leads you into the image.

That's certainly a pictorial version of this winter! Definitely #1 for me... nice pov of the scene and the path certainly leads you into the image.

Thanks Helen.

Hi Jim

2 nice shots which I prefer #1 due to the better lead in line for me.

Pete

Nice skies, prefer the angle on 1. So much of Sussex is like that at the moment and little sign of it going.
Hi Jim

2 nice shots which I prefer #1 due to the better lead in line for me.

Pete

Thanks for the nice comments, it's not as bad here as some have it but there are still some affected people.

Here's my interpretation of a Book Title & technique High Key - Green Eggs & Ham (Dr Seuss) ...

Last edited:
That's very nicely done, well thought out and good piece of PS processing work too. Like the symmetry setup and the square crop suit the subject.
Now, what do the eggs taste like? :wacky: :puke:

Thanks, the eggs were delicious! :D

Reactions: rpn
Back