weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

I really like the idea and the processing on the eggs is good . My only issues are the plate / background though. I think it would have popped more with a stark white background and a plain plate - ideally also white.

I really like the idea and the processing on the eggs is good . My only issues are the plate / background though. I think it would have popped more with a stark white background and a plain plate - ideally also white.
I agree about the plate.... However, we don't have any plain white plates or I'd have used one ;) and, the background is white, it may be the pp on the yolks has affected it globally

Last edited:
OK, for those ultra picky ones, new image now uploaded ;)

" I do like Green Eggs and Ham" Great interpretation and fits the technique.

That's better Jim ;) You get the T mark now :)

I do love the Dr Seuss reference and the work that went into changing the tint of the yolks. Yay for local adjustments

cheers (no hard feelings, it's all in jest, which i know is hard to convey in the written word on an internet forum).

Jim that is eggcellent, nice composition and great processing, makes me glad that eggs are yellow.

haha, thanks Clive

Ability - I am guessing lawn still not mown with the weather we have been having
Winter - very wet, indeed a sorry sight.
Book - no doubt about the book, I think a plainer plate might have been better, good processing though

Last edited:
Ability - I am guessing lawn still not mown with the weather we have been having
Winter - very wet, indeed a sorry sight.
Book - no doubt about the book, I think a plainer plate might have been better, good processing though

Thanks, yes the lawn is still long (and getting longer!). Book - as I said in an earlier post, I don't have a plain whit eplate, so needs must i'm afraid.

Very clever but I think it would have been better on a white plate. The eggs are fighting with the fruit and would stand out better on a plainer background.

Nice interpretation Jim, but green eggs,? :( that put me right off my brunch :D

Good shot there, the green eggs certainly add to the image! I'm please I had my breakfast before seeing this :)

Guessed this one straight away. Excellent take on the theme and well processed.

Very clever but I think it would have been better on a white plate. The eggs are fighting with the fruit and would stand out better on a plainer background.
It's all been said about the background of the plate - but the processing of the tools is great, and the book is absolutely unmistakable!
Well worked and no doubt about the title. Don't fancy eating the eggs much though!
Nice interpretation Jim, but green eggs,? :( that put me right off my brunch :D
Good shot there, the green eggs certainly add to the image! I'm please I had my breakfast before seeing this :)
Guessed this one straight away. Excellent take on the theme and well processed.

Thanks all for taking the time to cemment, much appreciated.

Haha - we have a copy if that book somewhere - nice one :)

Haha - we have a copy if that book somewhere - nice one :)

cheers I was watching some videos on YouTube earlier with my grandson, fantastic 1970s stuff with brilliant illustration and animation.. And, in fact all of the Dr Seuss stories carry a really good message too.

Great take on the theme, nicely take and processed and edible props too (although I don't like eggs:puke:)

Great take on the theme, nicely take and processed and edible props too (although I don't like eggs:puke:)

Thanks, the eggs were delicious (they are from a local farm, so very free-range, very organic, very tasty and also very cheap!)

Isn't it amazing how the different colour turns you green :puke:. I see there are already the comments about a white plate, but well taken, and good processing, great fun to see.

Isn't it amazing how the different colour turns you green :puke:. I see there are already the comments about a white plate, but well taken, and good processing, great fun to see.

Thanks

book - very clever, and looks delicious! A white plate might have worked better for the high key technique though...

Week 11 Transport. I had a few to choose from, all related to transport in one way or another:

Nice set Jim, fits nicely. #1 for me, I like the abandoned look.
It say's a lot about transport these days ;)

And that's an interesting set of old pumps, I remember them being in use. Are they the mechanical type?
There was a garage, slightly out of town, must have been mid '70's and there was a little old guy that used to run "Petrol Station"
I used to call in there just to watch him "pump" the fuel... to look at him, wouldn't think he had it in him ... :D

Nice set Jim, fits nicely. #1 for me, I like the abandoned look.
It say's a lot about transport these days ;)

And that's an interesting set of old pumps, I remember them being in use. Are they the mechanical type?
There was a garage, slightly out of town, must have been mid '70's and there was a little old guy that used to run "Petrol Station"
I used to call in there just to watch him "pump" the fuel... to look at him, wouldn't think he had it in him ... :D

Thanks, I was torn between #1 and #2 but chose #2 as there was some more interest in the shape of the tracks. They are taken at Seaton Tramway. I was actually laying between the tracks to get #1 (lucky it's a seasonal tramway :D:D

I'm not sure about the pumps, they aren't in use anymore as the petrol station is now a cafe.

Last edited:
Love the one you chose.

Really nice conversion.

Think the pumps could be a nice shot, but the light's a bit flat.

They remind me of the garage that's now a house in Angmering.

img_8947_hdr_banner_249.jpg

Last edited:
Love the one you chose.

Really nice conversion.

Think the pumps could be a nice shot, but the light's a bit flat.

They remind me of the garage that's now a house in Angmering.

img_8947_hdr_banner_249.jpg

They look like the same pumps. Yep, its been a grey day (in parts) today.

I prefer #1 to #2, because of the lower angle, though the track is less interesting.
However, it's never wise to assume track is out of use. Even when out of season there can be trains / vehicles running on them, for instance for engineering works.

I prefer #1 to #2, because of the lower angle, though the track is less interesting.
However, it's never wise to assume track is out of use. Even when out of season there can be trains / vehicles running on them, for instance for engineering works.

Cheers. I checked with a bloke working at the station, it was all perfectly safe ;)

Reactions: LC2
I'm not sure about the pumps, they aren't in use anymore as the petrol station is now a cafe.
They had a big handle I *think* it was on the front.
I guess it may have been removed, aesthetics if it was that type.
Looking closer iirc the handle would have been right where the red dots are.

No 2 for me with its high contrast B&W processing and the lines of the rails looking as if they were forced to split by the line of poles.

Nice shots - #4 for me, and I quite like the subdued lighting. It seems to fit the subject somehow - especially with the age of the pumps.
No 2 for me with its high contrast B&W processing and the lines of the rails looking as if they were forced to split by the line of poles.

Thanks both for the kind comments.

Nice transport pic - needs a train of course. Nice mono!

Back