weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Hi Jim I rather like the pumps, where are they please?

Hi Jim I rather like the pumps, where are they please?

They are at a cafe in Colyton, Devon (on the road from Sidmouth to Lyme Regis)

They are at a cafe in Colyton, Devon (on the road from Sidmouth to Lyme Regis)
Thanks Jim a place to have a ride out to in the summer! Like the pump shot best of all.

Thanks Jim a place to have a ride out to in the summer! Like the pump shot best of all.

The others are at the level crossing of the Seaton Tramway, about 200yds along the road from the petrol pumps, plus you have Seaton and the mouth of the Axe as a decent place for some images.

Transport - Whilst I do like the track shots and the Low Pov I hope you didn't take any risks in getting them. The old pups are a good spot too.

Transport - Whilst I do like the track shots and the Low Pov I hope you didn't take any risks in getting them. The old pups are a good spot too.

No risk, as I said earlier I chatted with someone working on the station who confirmed no trams were running ;). Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Three good shots there.
I ilke the one you've chosen. The mono treatment works well as does the POV. For me the petrol pump pic works because the dull light empasises the colours more.

Three good shots there.
I ilke the one you've chosen. The mono treatment works well as does the POV. For me the petrol pump pic works because the dull light empasises the colours more.

Thanks Pete, nice of you to comment

Good set of images but your chosen one is definitely the best.. nice B&W which works better with the lack of light and nice flow from the track pattern

Great set of images for transport. I think you chose the best one for the main thread. Nicely done!
Good set of images but your chosen one is definitely the best.. nice B&W which works better with the lack of light and nice flow from the track pattern
Nice set of Transport shots you've taken, Jim. Like all of them and can't single out one as each has its own merits.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the nice comments.

All good for transport, I am torn between 1 and 3. :)

#2 for me (your picture from the main thread), grainy processing works very well, and at first I thought the track just got wider instead of split into two...

#2 for me (your picture from the main thread), grainy processing works very well, and at first I thought the track just got wider instead of split into two...

thanks

I think you've chosen the right, I really like it, just the way the tracks bend and split into different directions is pleasing to my eye.

I think you've chosen the right, I really like it, just the way the tracks bend and split into different directions is pleasing to my eye.

Thank you, I appreciate the comments.

Week 12: Padlocks on a Fence at Exeter Quay (taken yesterday but close enough to Thursday to be used, I feel). One of the first shots on my new X-Pro2 (which i'm loving!). I thought it would suit having grain added in PP, to me it works well ...

Last edited:
Looks good in b&w and the grain suits it well, it could be FP4 film!

That's nice Jim and quick off the mark.

Thanks Clive, it was lucky that I took the shot yesterday

Looks good in b&w and the grain suits it well, it could be FP4 film!

It's one of the Fujifilm film simulations (Velvia, if I recall off the top of my head) with an added cubic grain effect, I really like it in this image.

Great photo, I like the processing and the DoF!

Nice grainy image Jim. and of course you are excused.
We have to work with / to the conditions at the moment

Nice grainy image Jim. and of course you are excused.
We have to work with / to the conditions at the moment

Nice one Jim - love the comp.

Back